• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Nav bar - want to hide nav bar on password pages

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Mar-06-2012, 09:20 AM
DeeRich is offline DeeRich OP
Major grins
Nav bar - want to hide nav bar on password pages
Surely there is a post somewhere (that people who don't do coding for a living can understand) on how to hide the navigation bar on a password page, but after two hours of looking, I cannot find anythng (I found one from JFriend but it's not working for me). Can someone please tell me how to do this (not how to search, but provide the codes).

I have set the gallery to NOT show the navigation bar, yet it shows when you add the password. This does not make sense...why is it like this???

Thanks in advance.

DeeRich

Last edited by DeeRich; Mar-06-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Mar-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRich View Post
Surely there is a post somewhere (that people who don't do coding for a living can understand) on how to hide the navigation bar on a password page, but after two hours of looking, I cannot find anythng (I found one from JFriend but it's not working for me). Can someone please tell me how to do this (not how to search, but provide the codes).

I have set the gallery to NOT show the navigation bar, yet it shows when you add the password. This does not make sense...why is it like this???

Thanks in advance.

DeeRich
I would think you'd have to add a class name to the password pages
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=135065

The add CSS to hide the nav on the page.
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Mar-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I would think you'd have to add a class name to the password pages
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=135065

The add CSS to hide the nav on the page.
Allen, thanks for your reply, however, I am still totally "stupid" about this.

How do I add a "Class name" to the pwd pages? What goes in here, i.e., between the {...}:
.passwordBody #myHeader {...}

I just want the nav bar OFF of there--I have opted to NOT have the nav bar show on any of the galleries in that category.

Thanks, Dee

Last edited by DeeRich; Mar-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old Mar-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRich View Post
Allen, thanks for your reply, however, I am still totally "stupid" about this.

How do I add a "Class name" to the pwd pages? What goes in here, i.e., between the {...}:
.passwordBody #myHeader {...}

I just want the nav bar OFF of there--I have opted to NOT have the nav bar show on any of the galleries in that category.

Thanks, Dee
No idea what goes in there without seeing your site to see what name your nav has.
My guess.

.passwordBody #navcontainer {display:none;}
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Mar-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
No idea what goes in there without seeing your site to see what name your nav has.
My guess.

.passwordBody #navcontainer {display:none;}
THAT WORKED! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I THINK I LOVE YOU!

DeeRich
Tell The World!