Options

Tenby

FishEyeJohnFishEyeJohn Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited February 20, 2012 in Landscapes
This si a shoot of my recent trip to the beautfil Tenby, it was a atmospheric day, the cloud were dark and moody with intervals of sunlight tearing across the surroundings. I took it with a Nikon D3100.
"The destruction of the town at the hands of Prince Llewelyn, in 1260, provided a graphic demonstration to the Earls of Pembroke that the defences of Tenby were inadequate for the important role they wished to play in the colonisation of the south of the county. It was decided to increase and extend the scope of the existing flimsy defences of the town so that the entire settlement would be enclosed behind an impregnable ring of walls, towers and gateways. Within these structures the cliff-top castle would form yet another defensive bulwark. At the same time a new street pattern would be imposed on parts of the new town." Theres a little information about the medival town walls of Tenby.

:barb
“ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy

“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited February 16, 2012
    Beautiful scene, and you picked a great day to capture it. Any idea of the original purpose of the wall? I do wish the shot were a little larger to better see the details. thumb.gif

Oh, and welcome to the forum, FishEyeJohn! clap.gif
  • Options
    FishEyeJohnFishEyeJohn Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Beautiful scene, and you picked a great day to capture it. Any idea of the original purpose of the wall? I do wish the shot were a little larger to better see the details. thumb.gif

Oh, and welcome to the forum, FishEyeJohn! clap.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I can hardly believe the incredible talent on this website, I am in awe of the photography!

wings.gif
    “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. – Matt Hardy

“ You don’t take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams