Options

Shooting Snow

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited January 25, 2012 in People
Some of you may have already seen the tease frame I posted earlier. Now's the time for the rest, at least for its non-18+ part.

Let me begin by saying that it was not my typical, planned to a "t", shoot. It was a recon trip, for which I happen to have a model, who also played a role of local guide.
I wanted to explore the lower part of Mojave desert to know it better than I did before, and, naturally, having a local person is a huge help. Besides, I do love my landscapes having a human in them, and if that human happens to be a beautiful young lady - who am I to object? ;-). So we basically did just that: explored, and, upon discovering some opportune places, were taking a few snaps in them.

#1: Of course, to be my model on a recon trip means she has to be a brave enough person without a vertigo: the first spot we found had a 50ft of a sheer drop under it:

1683892315_VGVw7k5-XL.jpg

#2: On top of that, she also had to look pretty:-)

1683892473_rLjZtgV-L.jpg

#3: Some "Captain Morgan" theme... I always like the idea of making a sexy dress out of skirt:

1683892496_hKh4zZ2-XL.jpg

#4: A cave woman:

1685208992_HPvzKSL-L.jpg

#5: After all the troubles it's nice to have a moment to relax:

1685208940_4sBNDpV-L.jpg

Technicalities:
Canon 5DmkII + 24-105, handheld, natural light. ACR and PS for light post processing.

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2012
    I like how you're using the landscape and model here. They work together nicely. Something about this shoot feels more organic and natural to me than your other work.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2012
    I like 3 that is a fun shot, in a great spot, in great light.
    Pose and wardrobe are the icing on top.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    dogwood wrote: »
    I like how you're using the landscape and model here. They work together nicely. Something about this shoot feels more organic and natural to me than your other work.

Thanks for commenting, Pete!

Well, "A beauty in the wild" is one of my favorite themes deal.gif.
    Unfortunately, the typical SoCal weather pattern (bright=harsh sun, clear=featurless sky) doesn't always help with the outdoor shooting, hence most of my work happens indoors, where I have complete control over my lighting setup. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    zoomer wrote: »
    I like 3 that is a fun shot, in a great spot, in great light.
    Pose and wardrobe are the icing on top.

Thanks Mike! thumb.gif
    Totally agree: awesome spot, and we managed to get there early enough to catch a decent light. Next time I probably try to make there an hour earlier since this location is favorable for the sunrise shooting as it's facing East. deal.gif