2 From Italy

MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited January 1, 2012 in Street and Documentary
2 from Italy

Comments

• Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    Good shooting, Dog. Lots of wtf in both pictures. I love the expression on the face of the gal taking a deep drag on her cigarette in #1. #2 looks like a portrait photographer trying to decide how to frame his picture of the woman. I hate a mistake that makes me have to crop, but this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    #2 is so odd, but I love it. It seems like the woman's body is so perfectly square to the camera and that painting...it's a bit surreal. Well done thumb.gif
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2011
    I'm liking #1. The reaction on the faces is priceless

Good work
    Rags
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,925 moderator
    edited December 30, 2011
    The second is nicely framed, but the winner here is #1, IMO. The expressions are priceless even if the intolerance is not. Great capture. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Molsondog wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Re: The crop. With film and Street photos I either leave them as shot or crop square. In this case, I cropped square because the composition kinda asked for it. The square frames, etc. seemed like they guided the image. There were no mistakes to crop out if that's what you meant. The rest of the image was just more of the same and didn't add to the composition value.

No, Dog, you don't understand what I meant -- probably my fault. I'm talking about the fact that it looks as if the guy is holding up an empty mat in front of the woman to see how he ought to frame when he shoots his picture. The picture mounted under the mat -- or on top of a mount -- blends with the background well enough that on first glance it looks as if it's a cutout, and her closeness to the picture enhances that feeling. If you study it a bit you see that's not true.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2011
    Dog, If you're getting one or two keepers from a roll of film you're either a photographic genius or you aren't being critical enogh when you cull.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2011
    Genius or not, Dog, nobody, not Cartier-Bresson, Elliott Erwitt, Robert Frank, etc., etc., averages even one really good street shot per roll of film. It's only street photography novices who think they do. Street photography isn't easy, as landscapers find, to their dismay, when they try it.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2012
    Really enjoy the first. I am somewhat surprised that the passerby would elicit such a reaction from all of them. "Outrageous" is so commonly seen nowadays...