• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support Proof, Uploading JPG, Portfolio, Bio Photo

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Nov-08-2011, 04:42 PM
SyBerGuy is offline SyBerGuy OP
Advanced Amateur
Proof, Uploading JPG, Portfolio, Bio Photo
Hello,

Proof
Q#1: How do I remove the word “PROOF” on my photos?
I had experimented with Watermarks (and added one to a gallery), but clicked on “No” for watermarks. I also used Control Panel and clicked on “Remove” for watermarks on my gallery images. I have also clicked on “5 Day Delay Proof”, but changing it to “0” does not remove the “PROOF” wording. Can I still utilize the “5 Day Delay Proof” and not have the wording “PROOF” showing up?

Uploading JPG Images-
sRGB/RGB- I imported my Tif images into Lightroom 2.7 and then exported them back to my hard drive; clicked on JPG and sRGB color spacing (within Lightroom).
Q#2- Do I need to add some other profile for uploading JPG sRGB images to my hard drive, SmugMug for web printing?. When I opened Photoshop to check on an image it said- 2880 wide x 4320 high 240 Res Channels 3 (RGB color 8bpc)?
(Aside- I do not care to use Lightroom for uploading to SmugMug (currently) but use the SM website to browse my hard drive and then upload images… I guess I will need to read the info “Uploading from Lightroom” published on SM… and for my older version of Lightroom 2.7).

Pricing Pro Portfilio-
I set up a basic Pricing Portfolio using Bay Photo.
Q#3-How do I set up a second Portfolio for EZ Prints?
So customers can click on either Bay Photo or EZ Prints…

Bio Photo-
I had a Bio Photo on my HomePage…. But now it is gone. I logged in and then clicked on
‘change bio photo’…. Uploaded an image from my Photography Catalog… it appeared on the screen within HomePage, but distorted? After logging out… it does not appear on my HomePage?
Do I need to re-boot and try again?

Any help will be most appreciated,

SyBerGuy
http://syberguy.smugmug.com/
Old Nov-08-2011, 06:41 PM
SamirD is offline SamirD
Huntsville Car Scene.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyBerGuy View Post
Hello,

Proof
Q#1: How do I remove the word “PROOF” on my photos?
I had experimented with Watermarks (and added one to a gallery), but clicked on “No” for watermarks. I also used Control Panel and clicked on “Remove” for watermarks on my gallery images. I have also clicked on “5 Day Delay Proof”, but changing it to “0” does not remove the “PROOF” wording. Can I still utilize the “5 Day Delay Proof” and not have the wording “PROOF” showing up?
The watermarking tool can take some time to take effect. If you want immediate action, just delete all the images and set the gallery to automatically watermark with the correct watermark. Then you can re-upload them and the watermark will appear with the photo in the gallery almost immediately. But waiting 5-30mins may be quicker than this depending on your upload bandwidth.
Quote:
Uploading JPG Images-
sRGB/RGB- I imported my Tif images into Lightroom 2.7 and then exported them back to my hard drive; clicked on JPG and sRGB color spacing (within Lightroom).
Q#2- Do I need to add some other profile for uploading JPG sRGB images to my hard drive, SmugMug for web printing?. When I opened Photoshop to check on an image it said- 2880 wide x 4320 high 240 Res Channels 3 (RGB color 8bpc)?
(Aside- I do not care to use Lightroom for uploading to SmugMug (currently) but use the SM website to browse my hard drive and then upload images… I guess I will need to read the info “Uploading from Lightroom” published on SM… and for my older version of Lightroom 2.7).
I'm not completely sure on this one, but it sounds like that's a valid jpg. I'd upload it and see if it looks correct, if so, then I think you've got it.
Quote:
Pricing Pro Portfilio-
I set up a basic Pricing Portfolio using Bay Photo.
Q#3-How do I set up a second Portfolio for EZ Prints?
So customers can click on either Bay Photo or EZ Prints…
You can't have users choose between Bay Photo and EZ Prints for photos. You have to choose one or the other for the gallery. Merchandise automatically goes to EZ Prints either way.