fantastic...loved looking at them
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • SnapLocallySnapLocally Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    Cool, thanks for looking.
  • ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    Man it's been awhile since you've posted your stuff. It's good to see it again.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
    edited July 29, 2011
    Thanks dude. Unfortunately it's probably gonna be my last MMA shoot.
  • MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2011
    Thanks dude. Unfortunately it's probably gonna be my last MMA shoot.

Why no more?
    edited July 30, 2011
    I did this photo shoot was for a very well known and respected online MMA resouce. The problem basically comes down to the fact that I did ALL of the work they asked of me- 10 hours in all- but after the work was done, delivered, and put to use I was told I have to sign a contract that gives them complete, total, absolute control over my work FOREVER, anywhere in the UNIVERSE. Seriously. If I don't sign it, I won't get paid. My issue with this- and I voiced it to them- is I should've been made known to me from the start, and offered to me before I started the assignment, not several days later when they have and are already using my work. They agreed and apologized, but since I refuse to sign the contract they won't pay me. For a $100 payday? I don't think so- that's less than half of what I usually make WITHOUT a contract. I never would've accepted this assignment had I known the conditions before hand. I guess that's my fault for not asking more questions.
  • MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2011
    I did this photo shoot was for a very well known and respected online MMA resouce. The problem basically comes down to the fact that I did ALL of the work they asked of me- 10 hours in all- but after the work was done, delivered, and put to use I was told I have to sign a contract that gives them complete, total, absolute control over my work FOREVER, anywhere in the UNIVERSE. Seriously. If I don't sign it, I won't get paid. My issue with this- and I voiced it to them- is I should've been made known to me from the start, and offered to me before I started the assignment, not several days later when they have and are already using my work. They agreed and apologized, but since I refuse to sign the contract they won't pay me. For a $100 payday? I don't think so- that's less than half of what I usually make WITHOUT a contract. I never would've accepted this assignment had I known the conditions before hand. I guess that's my fault for not asking more questions.

Wow! That was not a good way for them to do business. They used your shots and won't pay you for them? How do they justify that? Shouldn't they have asked you to sign the contract PRIOR to using your work?

Nice shots!

MD
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
    edited July 30, 2011
    Thank you, and yes- they should've absolutely offered be the contract before hand. I've since put a Cease and Desist order on my images, and they've taken them down. I'm still seeking compensation though since they've used my work for 5 day by the dozen.
    edited July 30, 2011
    I'll also add that I was about done with MMA anyways. As much as I love the sport, I detest just about everything else about it. The publications are mostly a pain in the ass to deal with and are cheap, the promoters don't pay, recent bandwagon "photographers" give their work away and ruin the market, everyone is looking for a handout. The cost/benefit just isn't there.
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    What great shots! Not a huge MMA fan...but these shots are absolutely incredible. Sorry to hear you aren't getting paid for this work.
    edited August 2, 2011
    Thank you.

I'm still working getting paid. They really don't want to pay me- it's quite apparent, but I'll gladly take "go away" money.