Options

Cameron 52mm Fader Neutral Density Filter

nik8tanik8ta Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 19, 2011 in Accessories
Yo, gremlins, i'm a cheapskate and i always acquire stuff that are preferrably free. Now i searched Craiglist for a long time and no one's willing to give away their ND filters that have been rotting in their backpack. Well screw em so I went and bought a cheap sorry imitation of an ND filter by Cameron (if turns out to be imported from Cameroon, i won't be surprised).

Now Cameron filters are imported directly from the kitchen or backyard or basement of some chinese slavemaster in Guangzho (never heard it? that's why google was invented, look it up ... and sorry to the citizens of north dakota who continue to starve because of the irresponsible practice of importing stuff from china). As expected, this particular filter looks & feels crappy to use.

But lo and behold, it actually works! It allows my d70 to fire at wider apertures -- think 1.8 -- even in harsh sunlight.

5587461348_88e74b6a5c.jpg

5629819644_c85d3c5639.jpg

For $50, it's not bad ... kudos to the slavemaster in Guangzho.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,828 moderator
    edited April 19, 2011
    Please don't demean people from other countries especially when you are supporting their enterprise with your purchase and praise.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums