Options

#74 First attempt

travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
edited April 15, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've seen the movie long time ago and this is my understanding of it...

Title: Life is a movie:

1246309490_jfdXH-L.jpg

1246301139_UhCRG-L.jpg

What do you think?

Thank you,
Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
VegasGreatAttractions.com
Travelways.com

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    I love 'em, especially numba 1. In 1 I prefer the geometrical shapes or panels. colors and images are really nice.

This is very much in line with my taste, but I steer clear because of Sean's warnings about family friendly images. I am slowly learning that much of the American world doesn't see nudity as I do.
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    I love 'em, especially numba 1. In 1 I prefer the geometrical shapes or panels. colors and images are really nice.

This is very much in line with my taste, but I steer clear because of Sean's warnings about family friendly images. I am slowly learning that much of the American world doesn't see nudity as I do.

Thank you Tom.

.... well, I thought about the nudity, but since it appears in the movie, I think it can appear in an image
    about the movie too. If this was a concern, than this movie shouldn't have been permitted in America

- I know it has been censured and cropped (for US AND Canadian market), but the nudity still appears.
    * I've seen it on the public television (twice)

My internet connection is almost impossible here where I am now (South of Germany) and uploading the image
    that was taken for the nudity will take too much time (I will try though) - they are mannequins in a store window
    display, waiting to be re-dressed for spring :) I hope this can be acceptable by the American society...
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2011
    I got the image uploaded, so I can show it. Here it is:

1246372587_6eh5Y-L.jpg

Please let me know if it is acceptable or not and if anybody gets offended by it - should I ask Sean about this?

Thank you in advance,
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    photo-bug wrote: »
    Thank you Tom.

.... well, I thought about the nudity, but since it appears in the movie, I think it can appear in an image
    about the movie too. If this was a concern, than this movie shouldn't have been permitted in America

- I know it has been censured and cropped (for US AND Canadian market), but the nudity still appears.
    * I've seen it on the public television (twice)

My internet connection is almost impossible here where I am now (South of Germany) and uploading the image
    that was taken for the nudity will take too much time (I will try though) - they are mannequins in a store window
    display, waiting to be re-dressed for spring :) I hope this can be acceptable by the American society...

i think both are wonderful Tatiana. and i'm with tom, i love #1 What fantastic vision to put together those elements in such a compelling way. the eyes are having me weaving the story in my head. NICELY DONE!!!!!

may guess/hope is that you've incorporated the mani nudes in a very stylistic manner. not gratuitous, in-your-face insulting. if anyone has an issue, i promise to go play somewhere else....
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2011
    Froch wrote: »
    i think both are wonderful Tatiana. and i'm with tom, i love #1 What fantastic vision to put together those elements in such a compelling way. the eyes are having me weaving the story in my head. NICELY DONE!!!!!

may guess/hope is that you've incorporated the mani nudes in a very stylistic manner. not gratuitous, in-your-face insulting. if anyone has an issue, i promise to go play somewhere else....

Thank you so much Paul - It's really so nice to hear this :)

I posted the question to Sean, so I'll wait now to see if I can post it in the challenge gallery.
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Wonderful work, Tatiana! I want a tut. :D
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Fantastic, Tatiana! I love them - #1 in particular!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Tatiana - I also think #1 is the most compelling under the Kubrick themed umbrella and I love your artful composition. However the mannequin capture is very enjoyable as a different interpretation altogether. Nice work. GP
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    Awesome vision, I LOVE IT!!!wings.gifbow

gail
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2011
    Thank you so much!

- My internet connection was impossible for the past few days, so I couldn't do too much.

I will upload the first one to the gallery then - thank you again thumb.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2011
    one more vote for the Awesome Work! category. Love #1

- Diana
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2011
    Hi Tatiana! Sorry for my late reply. Been off and out~

I see you entered your image! I never know what will/will-not pass muster. SO I am very glad to see it entered!

Cheers,
    tom wise