Options

Studio Lights and Baby photos

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited January 13, 2011 in People
Hi,

I have been asked if I can do some shots of a newborn baby in a few weeks time. It will be a free shoot, as it would be my first time, and someone has kindly agreed to let me experiment on their child (which is as yet, not born!).

So, I have scanned all the forums, looked in on people's baby shots, started getting some ideas of what I'd like to do. It is now a question of lights...

I have been loaned (long term) the following kit:

1 x Courtenay SolaFlash 150 (which has flash and modelling light, each with power slider 1/4 - 1/1 in 1/12 intervals).
1 x very small soft box (might just fit over the SolaFlash)
1 x 4 foot white shoot through brolly
1 x 3 foot silver inside brolly
1 x 4 foot silver/white pop up reflector.

I also have a few flash guns, one of which is quite powerful ( I could diffuse it, or something), but whether it would help with the SolaFlash or no, I don't know.

I have an assortment of white sheets and a few ways of mounting them. I also have a projector screen which also makes a good background which can be set up so it is a background which curved down onto a table, for example.

Any ideas for the set up, with this limited equipment? Natural daylight is probably not to be relied upon - it's cold and miserable, and the house where the shoot is to be does not have an expanse of glass or French windows onto the garden.

As the baby is so small,I would probably be considering a beanbag on table, or on the floor somewhere, covered with a sheet, with the baby on top of that, with whatever props I managed to sort.

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Why not post this over in the People Forum? I know you'd get some good advice there!
    tom wise
  • Options
    Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Why not post this over in the People Forum? I know you'd get some good advice there!

Ummm...has it been moved? Ok.
    I suppose i thought it was a "technical" question as opposed to a showing of people pictures.
    I'll know next time. Thanks. :)