Options

SmugFoto - SmugMug gallery viewer for Boxee

pcm2apcm2a Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited November 11, 2011 in SmugMug Support
SmugFoto is now live and available for both PC and Boxee Box users in the Boxee application repository.

What is SmugFoto?
SmugFoto is a SmugMug gallery viewer for the Boxee Box. This first version of the app only supports public albums (no username/password).

What features does it have?
  • Public album viewing
  • View images in an album along with captions
  • Slideshow

Where can I get it?
Stable version:
SmugFoto can be installed right from the Boxee app repository.

Unstable version:
Custom repository - http://boxee.ree-yees.com/repo
As I make changes, that are not ready for the Boxee repository, I will put them on my custom repo. Users can add my repository if they want to test it out. The package name is different and it uses a different icon. This will allow you to have both versions installed if you want.

What if I have problems with it or have some suggestions?
You can email those suggestions to developer A T ree-yees D O T com or shoot me a private message. I am working on this in my spare time so development will not happen over night. You can also follow the thread for the app over on the Boxee forums: http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=26061

What features would I be working on in the future?
  • Private albums (login/password)
  • Saving your gallery name, login and password
  • Sorting albums
  • Viewing categories
  • Higher resolution photos
  • Full screen image view
  • Videos

10uj_a39_u7uml.jpg

10uj_295_u7uml.jpg

10uj_8c1_u7uml.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited January 12, 2011
    * Saved for future release notes *
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Awesome! I was just looking for this the other day! I recently got my parents a Roku box for Christmas and it has a Smugmug channel on it. I have a Media Center hooked up to my TV, and it was frustrating me that nothing like this was available for it that would give me the 10ft interface. This should fix that for me!

Thanks again!

Oh, any chance of a version of this for other Media Center front ends that have plugin structures such as XBMC, Windows Media Center, etc?
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2011
    Are you open to suggestions for the future revisions? I have played around with it and I have a few ides for things that would be nice to see in the future.
  • Options
    aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Thanks so much for this!
    This is great! I look forward to the version where private galleries can be viewed. Thank you very much for providing this for the community.
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2011
    Rhuarc wrote: »
    Are you open to suggestions for the future revisions? I have played around with it and I have a few ides for things that would be nice to see in the future.
    Sure I would be glad to hear any suggestions that you have. I have also listed the top few that I think people would like towards the bottom of my initial post.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    Other than the ones that you mentioned the main one I would like to see is the ability to save a list of more than one persons site. I would love to be able to go to a list of my favorite photographers and see their whole site with their Categroy structure, and view albums in a full screen format.
  • Options
    ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2011
    You might want to change the name of that app if you're going to make updates to it. I've got the same app name with SmugMug (granted it has stagnated, but a source tree has been released) and have the domain name which I might revive again.

Try Smugfoto in Facebook for displaying your SmugMug galleries.