Options

NYIP - Worth it or ripoff?

carlhancockcarlhancock Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 16, 2005 in The Big Picture
Was wondering if anyone has any input on the New York Institute of Photography program. I am loking to learn more about photography, and know that NYIP has been around a long time... but is it actually a decent program?

Any info would be appreciated...

Comments

• Options
    GerenMGerenM Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 16, 2005
    I've been working through the course (very slowly) for a few months now. I've been a photographer for many years, but, I've never had any formal training. I thought that I should probably 'learn' something.

So far, I've found the courseware to be quite good, if not a little dated. NYIP is in the process of modernizing much of their material.

There are some modules that will not be applicable or interesting to your situation, but, generally speaking, they come later in the curriculum.

The biggest problem I have is that I am having a hard time making time to get to the assignments! bncry.gif

In a word, though, I would say "yes," the NYI course is worth the investment.
    Was wondering if anyone has any input on the New York Institute of Photography program. I am loking to learn more about photography, and know that NYIP has been around a long time... but is it actually a decent program?

Any info would be appreciated...