Options

Bungee with clips attached

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited November 23, 2010 in Accessories
I'm looking for a bungee that has clips that are safe to attach to a muslin b/g to help make it a bit more taught. The muslin isn't right up to the edge of the stands so I was looking for something like a bungee with clips on both sides so I could clip the muslin, loop around the stand and back. I'd like the bungee to be about 2' long.

I haven't found this looking at camera stores or home depot. Any pointers would be most helpful.

TIA...
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• Options
    lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Bungees
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    I'm looking for a bungee that has clips that are safe to attach to a muslin b/g to help make it a bit more taught. The muslin isn't right up to the edge of the stands so I was looking for something like a bungee with clips on both sides so I could clip the muslin, loop around the stand and back. I'd like the bungee to be about 2' long.

I haven't found this looking at camera stores or home depot. Any pointers would be most helpful.

TIA...
    I find the best assortment of bungees at outdoor supply, camping stores. In My area one is called "Big 5", and I have seen them at hunting supply stores. Not at camera stores or home Depot.
    Stan
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    just use the hooks
    I reinforced the points where the bungee attached to the b/g and just pushed the hook portion through the material. You don't need a lot of pressure to flatten out the B/G. If you have a steamer that will help take out the wrinkles if you want a flat surface.
    Deacon
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    After a walk around Target, I was heading in that direction.
    Thanks.
    -a
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote: »

TIA...

You need a store like, The Yard here in Wichita, that sells Bungee by the foot.....and add a clip to the end(s).....

Or as I do to get my muslins taught (tight).....I used gaff Tape....get teh muslin on the cross bar and tape one end goto the other end and pull it taught and tape that end......done.

All photog should have a least one roll of gaff tape.....I have white and blk and also a roll of yellow spike (gaff tape about 3/8" wide)...spike tape I use to mark different things so they can be found quickly in the dark if need be.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Container Store is usually a gold mine for stuff like that.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    look for tarp hooks, used in camping. They are two piece, one for each side, clip together to hold tight but dont damage fabric, then have a hook eye for a bungee. The ones i have only come in safety orange, but can be spray painted, they are pretty big, about 2 inches in diameter.
    i was thinking of using garter belt clips for mine, you can buy a dozen on ebay and attach a piece of elastic to it..
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com