The Rugged Maniac 5K: girls in mud (did that catch your attention?)

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited October 5, 2010 in Sports
I shot the Rugged Maniac 5K on Saturday (2,500 people racing over an army assault course). Here is some of the fun in the mud!
I discovered, after the first wave, that I could not shoot the mud obstacle with a long lens and quickly changed to my 24mm to 70mm and jumped into the mud with the athletes - I spent 7 hours (15 waves) in the mud. My Mk IV is covered in mud but to get good stuff you gotta get dirty.

Enjoy

Rugged-Maniac-5K-By-George-Ross_FD5G4524_20101002.jpg
Rugged-Maniac-5K-By-George-Ross_FD5G4504_20101002.jpg

Rugged-Maniac-5K-By-George-Ross_FD5G4596_20101002.jpg

Comments

• b2rydeb2ryde Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 4, 2010
    nice...this was a blast to run must have more fun on your side haha
  • SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    A rugged injury
    b2ryde wrote: »
    nice...this was a blast to run must have more fun on your side haha

Funny you should say that because while it was a blast, I was planning to run a 1/2 marathon this weekend and after 7 hours of squatting low to catch these shots I have sprained my hamstring and the race is now questionable.

The things we do to get good shots!
    edited October 5, 2010
    That sucks...Sorry to hear that. Also sorry if i may have splashed ya in the mud hole. I was coming out water and mud everywhere...

What race? Hartford this weekend?
    edited October 5, 2010
    A busy day in Hartford
    It is just that I am getting old. My plan was run the Hartford 1/2 carrying my media pass, get back to the finish area run over to the finish line and shoot the top runners for New England Runner magazine....a busy day.

If my leg doesn't recover I will just shoot!

That sucks...Sorry to hear that. Also sorry if i may have splashed ya in the mud hole. I was coming out water and mud everywhere...

What race? Hartford this weekend?
    edited October 5, 2010
    getting old sucks for sure...but we are only as old as we think we are...

You ever shoot mountain bike races?

Photoshop wizard as well?
    edited October 5, 2010
    Not yet...
    That;s for sure - I haven't shot a bike race yet ( I will be adding equestrian, dog trial and roller derby to my portfolio in the next few weeks!! - only the roller derby is niot a commercial venture....that is for fun and I will be shooting from the press area!)

In order to survive in theis business you have to be a PS wiz. I have a photo restoration business which I am winding down because no one really wants to pay the true costs but it is a great way to hone your skill...this is my restoration site http://www.repair-photo.com/photo_retouch_gallery.htm

getting old sucks for sure...but we are only as old as we think we are...

You ever shoot mountain bike races?

Photoshop wizard as well?
    edited October 5, 2010
    Nice...People dont want to pay for anything anymore.

I am a Creative Director for a Branding and Flexo Printing company. Worked in the publishing field for some time as well. Started of with a Fine Arts degree and led to Marketing and such. Use to work for a professional color lab her in CT when i was in my young as a touch up artist using opaques. Then worked into Photoshop and the Creative Suite apps. Keep saying im going to get back into shooting and photo manipulation again but i find myself riding or spending time with the fam and kids.