Options

My First Studio-esque shoot

JamesCroftPhotographyJamesCroftPhotography Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited August 28, 2010 in People
So, this was my first time shooting with stand-alone strobes, also my first time working in a semi-fashion mode. My usual fare is bright and airy weddings, portraits, engagements etc., so this was taking a pretty big tangent for me. Feel free to rip into these, but if you do see something that you feel is worth keeping, please let me know. Also, let me know if the links work or if I should be posting the full-size image... I just figured people like faster load times, Thanks again!
One last note: it should also be known that these are all, at most, amateur models, but for the most part they were all friends getting together for a day in front of the camera.
#1: Looong legs
975387499_LPETs-L.jpg
#2: Inquisitive nature
983081599_p8KJh-L.jpg
#3: A beautiful pout
983076483_9A7Gf-L.jpg
#4: Candid Smile
[img][/img]984650082_8uZyo-L.jpg
#5: Staring
984673479_hsEpY-L.jpg
#6: Eyes!
984667820_KJFXv-L.jpg
#7: The Dark Side
975396113_6bDSC-L.jpg
Note: Sorry all, I've tried to attach more images, but I've only been able to attach the first. The rest will sadly sit in link-land. If you can help me figure it out, that would be terrific (definite noob to posting in the forums.)
Tim
James Croft Photography
http://www.JamesCroftPhotography.com
Photography makes life worth living, or at least makes it more attractive.

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    I like images in threads..I think most do. I like what you are doing here..you have kept, maybe even emphasized the texture on the skin. It's refreshing to an extent.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    You might want to take a look here for some help on posting images.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    You might want to take a look here for some help on posting images.

Thanks Ian. It looks as though the page has pulled through the images finally... must have just taken a while because of their size. I'm definitely keeping the link in my favorites though for future reference - I couldn't find that one when I first searched through the forums.
    Tim
    James Croft Photography
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2010
    Thanks Ian. It looks as though the page has pulled through the images finally... must have just taken a while because of their size. I'm definitely keeping the link in my favorites though for future reference - I couldn't find that one when I first searched through the forums.

I edited your post and changed all of the [noparse] and [/noparse] tags to [noparse] and [/noparse]. Links only take a moment or two to load. We don't copy images to the site unless you attach them to your post.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    I edited your post and changed all of the [noparse] and [/noparse] tags to [noparse] and [/noparse]. Links only take a moment or two to load. We don't copy images to the site unless you attach them to your post.

Thanks. I saw that they had changed, but I figured the site was even more amazing than it is. It's good to see them up there. At least now people will be able to see what they're giving feedback on.
    Tim
    James Croft Photography
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2010
    Thanks. I saw that they had changed, but I figured the site was even more amazing than it is. It's good to see them up there. At least now people will be able to see what they're giving feedback on.

You're more than welcome.