Options

5 in 1 Reflectors - Cheap

ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited September 22, 2010 in Accessories
Just thought I'd share. I got (2) 32" reflectors for $11 each. These are almost $60 each at my local camera shop. I also have a 43" coming for about $19 total. I'm not real big on China goods but after sending lots of money to Japan for good stuff... I need a break with some cheap stuff. haha The quality is just fine too and these reflect light just as good as any others. They fold up nicely and come with a little storage bag. Totally happy with mine. Anyway, just thought I'd share another cheap accessory if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/80cm-32-5-in-1-Light-Mulit-Collapsible-Disc-Reflector-/250685995165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

D21_1.jpg

Description:
5-in-1 Round Reflector:

[*]Brand new and high quality
    [*]Shape: Round Reflector
    [*]Size Open: 32" x 32"(80cm x 80cm)
    [*]Size Collapsed:diameter 10 3/5"(27cm) round
    [*]Total 5 colors to choose from: Gold, Silver, White, Black and Translucent

Comments

• Options
      divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
      edited August 28, 2010
      wow - SCORE! I love my 42" 5-in-1, which cost a lot more than that! At that price, have now ordered this as a second one and in this slightly more compact size .... Thanks for posting!
    • Options
      IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
      edited August 28, 2010
      One thing I like about my "high-priced-spread" reflector kit is that the two white diffusers are 1 & 2 stop scrims, which can be stacked if need be. I don't think the "bargain" set can be used like this, but it would be a nice redundant set for me.
      John :
      Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
      D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    • Options
      edited August 28, 2010
      I've used my existing 5-in-1 as a scrim - I'll be interested to see how this one compares. I figure for $11 including shipping I can't really go wrong... even foamboard costs about $5 a sheet!
    • Options
      Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
      edited August 28, 2010
      Thanks, I just ordered one. I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now. Can't pass on this price. :D
    • Options
      CarpyCarpy Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
      edited August 28, 2010
      Hi There,
      Thanks for the link, I just bought a 43" set for £11.01p sterling. If I went to my local major camera store, it would cost me £5.00 in fuel plus a parking charge of £2.50 so it kind of makes the actual cost £3.51 !! (using my twisted sort of accountancy logic when explaining to my wife that I've bought some more toys)

Carpy
      :ivar
    • Options
      ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
      edited August 28, 2010
      No problem, guys. I feel like I almost HAVE to share when I come across such good deals. I am totally happy with mine and I think they are GREAT quality for the money . Post up when you get yours and let us know how you like them!
    • Options
      yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
      edited September 7, 2010
      5 in 1 kit
      Here's another lowball price for a 5-in-1 reflector kit. I ordered one, but haven't received it yet, so can't vouch for its quality. First saw this on another forum, and some that ordered and received it were pleased with the quality.

http://www.amazon.com/110CM-Multi-Di...3369708&sr=8-3
      Regards,
      AZFred
    • Options
      edited September 7, 2010
      Haven't received mine yet - ImageX, how long did it take yours to arrive?
    • Options
      TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
      edited September 7, 2010
      Coming from HK, I would expect 10-15 days if nothing goes wrong.
    • Options
      OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
      edited September 7, 2010
    • Options
      edited September 16, 2010
      Mine arrived yesterday. THis is a GREEEATTTTTTTTTTTTT $11 worth!!! No complaints at all - quality is fine and the price is sure right!
    • Options
      Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
      edited September 17, 2010
      After waiting almost 3 weeks mine came in two days ago. I am amazed at the quality for just $11. This reflector is truely a bargain. thumb.gifthumb
    • Options
      Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins

The link for the larger ones (43") is no good on the site.......I need larger, as I already have 2 sets of Chameleons so I could have 2 of each color.....................................
      "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
      Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
      yendikeno wrote: »
      Here's another lowball price for a 5-in-1 reflector kit. I ordered one, but haven't received it yet, so can't vouch for its quality. First saw this on another forum, and some that ordered and received it were pleased with the quality.

http://www.amazon.com/110CM-Multi-Di...3369708&sr=8-3

Have your received it yet and have you evaluated it yet????
      "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
      yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
      edited September 22, 2010
      Art Scott wrote: »
      Have your received it yet and have you evaluated it yet????

Yes, I got them. Haven't had the chance to put them through a full workout yet, but so far they seem to be of decent quality and work as described. How they will be long term I can't answer at this pint, but will follow up as need be.
      Regards,
      AZFred
    • Options
      roakeyroakey Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
      edited September 22, 2010
      Art Scott wrote: »
      The link for the larger ones (43") is no good on the site.......I need larger, as I already have 2 sets of Chameleons so I could have 2 of each color.....................................

Happened to find them while poking around:

http://cgi.ebay.com/43-5-1-Light-Mulit-Collapsible-disc-Reflector-110cm-/230378372525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a39efdad

Roak
      [email]roakeyatunderctekdotcom[/email]
      <== Mighty Murphy, the wonder Bouv!