Options

FS: Nikon AI / AIS Lenses, MD-12 Motor Drive

BrendanBrendan Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Nikon Land
I need to prune down my small collection of manual focus lenses I've acquired over the past couple years, so all of these are up for sale. Hopefully another Nikon shooter who appreciates manual focus lenses will find something of interest here.

All lenses are in perfect shape optically, and excellent shape mechanically and cosmetically (I tend to be pretty picky). I will note the faults below (minus minor paint wear and the like). The 28/3.5 and 105/2.5 in particular are in excellent condition -- basically like new.

Prices include shipping to continental US. Shipping elsewhere can be worked out. Check or money orders only; sorry, not a fan of PayPal. :(

Nikon 28mm f/3.5 AI -- sold

Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AI -- sold
Focus action is somewhat dry.

Nikon 55mm f/1.2 AI -- sold
Full disclosure: I purchased this with two small spots of fungus under the front element, and had it professionally cleaned. It's in absolutely beautiful shape now optically, and looks almost new. I think it's pretty acceptable at f/1.2 if you get the focus right (especially at closer distances), and by f/2.8, it seems sharper than any of the 50/1.4s I have. I would be keeping this if I didn't want the money for a 50/1.4G for casual snapshots and such where autofocus would be nice.

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AIS -- sold
929417184_NFWyN-S.jpg 929415663_bjjed-S.jpg 929416394_iADSL-S.jpg 929416797_6dcmo-S.jpg

Vivitar 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 AIS -- $55 shipped (not firm - please feel free to make a reasonable offer if you're interested)
"Macro" option at 105mm yielding 1:5 reproduction; condition is better than average, but not excellent: a couple of smudges on the outside edges of the front element that should come off with a bit of cleaning, but otherwise just showing its age a bit; nothing of great concern.

Nikon MD-12 Motor Drive -- sold
I got this motor drive along with a used FE2, but have no use for it. It was dropped by its previous owner and has a crack near the shutter release. which has been sealed and isn't too noticeable. For some reason, it was working fine when I bought it, but doesn't seem to turn on when I put batteries in it anymore. I think it's something to do with the springs. :scratch

Also, one autofocus lens:
Nikon AF 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 -- sold
Non-D, push-pull design, twist-macro function, the 'new' version from this page.

I'll try to add some more pictures soon, though I'm leaving for a trip for the rest of the week, so it will probably be later next week. Please send me a PM or reply here if you're interested in any of these lenses.

--Brendan

Comments

• Options
    edited August 9, 2010
    Update: One more lens up for sale added to the original post (donated by my mother-in-law).

Please let me know if you're interested in anything. Thanks for looking!
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2010
    Update: Everything is still available. Prices reduced a bit. I'm sure someone would like a MF lens or two... ;)
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2010
    Update: A few of the lenses have been sold, but the real gems are still available: The 55mm f/1.2 and 105mm f/2.5. Let me know if you're interested. :)
  • Options
    boatnutboatnut Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 16, 2011
    Offer
    Brendan wrote: »
    I need to prune down my small collection of manual focus lenses I've acquired over the past couple years, so all of these are up for sale. Hopefully another Nikon shooter who appreciates manual focus lenses will find something of interest here.

All lenses are in perfect shape optically, and excellent shape mechanically and cosmetically (I tend to be pretty picky). I will note the faults below (minus minor paint wear and the like). The 28/3.5 and 105/2.5 in particular are in excellent condition -- basically like new.

Prices include shipping to continental US. Shipping elsewhere can be worked out. Check or money orders only; sorry, not a fan of PayPal. :(

Nikon 28mm f/3.5 AI -- sold

Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AI -- sold
    Focus action is somewhat dry.

Nikon 55mm f/1.2 AI -- $365
    Full disclosure: I purchased this with two small spots of fungus under the front element, and had it professionally cleaned. It's in absolutely beautiful shape now optically, and looks almost new. I think it's pretty acceptable at f/1.2 if you get the focus right (especially at closer distances), and by f/2.8, it seems sharper than any of the 50/1.4s I have. I would be keeping this if I didn't want the money for a 50/1.4G for casual snapshots and such where autofocus would be nice.

Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AIS -- $255
    929417184_NFWyN-S.jpg 929415663_bjjed-S.jpg 929416394_iADSL-S.jpg 929416797_6dcmo-S.jpg

Vivitar 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 AIS -- $55 shipped (not firm - please feel free to make a reasonable offer if you're interested)
    "Macro" option at 105mm yielding 1:5 reproduction; condition is better than average, but not excellent: a couple of smudges on the outside edges of the front element that should come off with a bit of cleaning, but otherwise just showing its age a bit; nothing of great concern.

Nikon MD-12 Motor Drive -- $25 or best offer
    I got this motor drive along with a used FE2, but have no use for it. It was dropped by its previous owner and has a crack near the shutter release. which has been sealed and isn't too noticeable. For some reason, it was working fine when I bought it, but doesn't seem to turn on when I put batteries in it anymore. I think it's something to do with the springs. headscratch.gif

Also, one autofocus lens:
    Nikon AF 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 -- sold
    Non-D, push-pull design, twist-macro function, the 'new' version from this page.

I'll try to add some more pictures soon, though I'm leaving for a trip for the rest of the week, so it will probably be later next week. Please send me a PM or reply here if you're interested in any of these lenses.

--Brendan

Brendan

Would you accept a PayPal payment for the 105mm lens. I would like to buy it as a secondary lens for my Nikon FM that I cherish. Phil
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2011
    Hi Phil,

Sorry, I just saw this thread in my subscriptions folder. I haven't been on DG much in the past nine months (I've been in grad. school), but all of these lenses except the Vivitar have been sold. Good luck finding one.

Brendan