Options

Pure Photojournalist, now is trying to sell Weddings

McaldeiraMcaldeira Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 31, 2010 in Weddings
Hi, its importante for me to now what is your opinion.

www.mariocaldeira.com

Thanks

Mc
Portugal

Comments

• Options
    McaldeiraMcaldeira Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2010
    Do you like my work?
    MOD EDIT: Two threads merged at this point.
  • Options
    WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Welcome to Dgrin!

I don't want to be rude but I am going to be honest.

Your site takes way to long to load. Then after waiting for the first page to load I have to hit "Enter". THEN I have to wait for 57 thumbnails to load. Way too long.

I am not a fan of the moving ribbon of photos. Disorienting.

Your photos are nice and I enjoyed them but I can't get past the overly fancy website.

Sorry to be so blunt but that is what I see. As always...this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

Good luck on your photo endeavors.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    I love your site despite the fact that I'm not fluent in the language. But, even with my pretty fast connection, it took a while for it to load. You might want to try and have two versions, one that is flash and one that is html. You'll lose anyone that doesn't have a fast connection and even some of us who do.

I love your ring shot against the green background. It's a unique shot that I haven't seen before. You've captured a lot of really great moments during the church exits and that sunset sillohette is killer.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    with respect to your photos..they are good. nice compositions and well processed.

with respect to your website..not so good. very flashy but it took me over 45 sec to even view one photo. Then it takes 5 sec for each photo to load. If I were a normal customer I would have left the site before I got the tpo the 1st photo.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    with respect to your photos..they are good. nice compositions and well processed.

with respect to your website..not so good. very flashy but it took me over 45 sec to even view one photo. Then it takes 5 sec for each photo to load. If I were a normal customer I would have left the site before I got the top the 1st photo.

I didn't experience any kind of time delay loading or viewing images. Certainly not more than I have with other sites with similar front ends...

Liked the site...picture presentation was nice...

Your images are nice...and will make many a bride happy. Only one small suggestion on an image that I liked...and that would be to have the bride and groom walk into the picture from the left, rather than out of the picture as they are photographed near the right edge. It's in the last few where you where shooting through the flowers.

Hope this helps...and as usual, thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    I posted this in the other thread about this same topic that you started.

Photos are nice but the website would have me gone in no time flat. It took way too long to load and then the photos floating around didn't do much for me. My internet is plenty fast as well so I am sure that wasn't the problem.

Good luck with your photography.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
    The entry to your site is understated, very nice - but two things would send me away very quickly. One is the time it takes to load, and the second is the floating "banners" of photos that continued to move as I attempted to click on a photo. Very, very annoying. My reaction to a site that behaves like this is to leave immediately.

--- Denise
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Same here. The site takes way too long to load. I would have normally given up and gone somewhere else before it finished.

Then, the initial load is only for the glitzy logo you have - no function to it at all. To see photos, you have to wait some more.

Then, the fancy 3-tiered curved ribbon of photos looks cool, but it's like a video game to try to get the mouse on the one you want. It shouldn't be that complicated.

I'm also not a fan of unsolicited sound on web sites. That means that people at work pretty much can't go there unless they remember to turn their volume off before they go.

It's odd your how footer partially shows through the ribbon of photos.

Once i get to the ribbon of photos, I have no idea how I get back to the main page to select different photos or other choices.

In the whizzy popup toolbar at the bottom, if I click on Sound On to try to turn the sound off, nothing happens. I'm not sure what that indicator is for if it doesn't let me turn the sound off.

I clicked on Otros Links in the toolbar and the whole browser froze for 20 seconds. Then finally another page came up. I had several freezes like this when trying to navigate your site.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
    Flash? :puke
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 29, 2010
    Mc

thank you for taking an interest in dGrin members' opinions. As a new member here we welcome your participation and invite you to post a few of your images rather than ask others to visit your site. It appears a bit spammy.

We look forward to your posted images. Thank you.

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Hmmm...after all the hoopla about the site loading so slowly, I figured that I must be wrong...so I cleared my cash so that I wasn't loading from my computer's memory and then went back to his site...it still loaded quickly...less than ten seconds and less than that after the start button.

I'm on my laptop...running off of a G router...using Internet Explorer...and I've also tried Fire Fox...same quick results.

As far as the interface goes...the floating banner...I can take it or leave it...but, with little effort and learning curve, it is very easy to use.

Just my two cents...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed