Options

The Moo Business Cards Thread

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited August 27, 2010 in SmugMug Support
[imgr]http://cdn.smugmug.com/img/prints/moo-business-cards.jpg[/imgr]
SmugMug and MOO have partnered to make it super-simple to get beautiful, durable, custom business cards.

MOO's 'Printfinity' technology lets you print a unique image for each card in a pack. That means 50 different photos for business cards and 100 for MiniCards. Print your images on one side and your details on the other, and you'll never miss a chance to wow potential clients.

Want more than business cards? MOO also offers MiniCards, Postcards and Greeting Cards, so your photos can shine at any occasion.

Brainstorm, swap designs and share ideas right here. MOO will be watching this thread to answer your questions too, so if you've got 'em, ask away!

FAQs

Can clients order business cards? No, sorry - right now, it's owner only.

I'm not in the US. Can I order? Yes! Yes, we didn't forget you - we just have to update our link :D Use this: http://www.moo.com/smugmug and you'll be automagically directed to your localised moo site.

It's not working for me! Perhaps you started from an unlisted gallery .. simply go to your control panel in SmugMug, settings tab, and edit the authorization for the Moo app, from 'Public' to 'Full' and then try again on Moo.

20100619-epbn6snie2p4c2r3rmtahbs5u6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Mohamed.GhuloomMohamed.Ghuloom Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    That's a great feature Andy. I'm just loving it and spread it to my business facebook page.

The question is, can clients get into that 'create a business card' page and 'they' start designing their business card? If not, how can I use this for my clients? Perhaps if moo could export my designed cards to a gallery in smugmug where my clients could see, customize and order.
    Mohamed Photos
    Give a Message
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    That's a great feature Andy. I'm just loving it and spread it to my business facebook page.

The question is, can clients get into that 'create a business card' page and 'they' start designing their business card? If not, how can I use this for my clients? Perhaps if moo could export my designed cards to a gallery in smugmug where my clients could see, customize and order.
    Sorry - owner only at this time!
  • Options
    ClaireJClaireJ Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    I love working with Moo - all my business cards are from Moo - great service from a great company.

So imagine my disappointment when I can't find this on the European Moo store....

Please tell me this is user error and it is available in Europe.
    ClaireJ
    Northampton Saints - Images from the European Challenge Cup Champions 2009
    http://www.redhatphoto.com
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    ClaireJ wrote: »
    I love working with Moo - all my business cards are from Moo - great service from a great company.

So imagine my disappointment when I can't find this on the European Moo store....

Please tell me this is user error and it is available in Europe.
    Yes, we didn't forget you - we just have to update our link :D

Use this: http://www.moo.com/smugmug and you'll be automagically directed to your localised moo site.
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Excellent - thanks Andy.

Brilliant news:)
    ClaireJ
  • Options
    MOOHQMOOHQ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Hello ClaireJ,

Yes, you definitely can use the European store. Unfortunately, as you have now clicked on the original link we have that set as your default. Therefore, please access the page here directly at http://uk.moo.com/smugmug/ and it will automatically send you to the European store. Or, otherwise, you can switch the store in top right navigation and then navigate to the product you want to make and select SmugMug as the image source for your products.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    The Crew from MOO.COM
    Hi Everyone.

As Andy said, we're thrilled to be able to work together with SmugMug to make it easy for all of you to make MOO products. We're really anxious to get your feedback on the service and products. So please let us know here or via our wonderful customer service team at https://secure.moo.com/en/service/

Thanks,
    Lisa from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    jessicawinnjessicawinn Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2010
    Thanks so much for this! I'm getting an error when trying to create business cards, though. As soon as I choose photos and click 'Next step', the page reloads and tells me that the SmugMug service is down. Is anyone else getting this?
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Are your photos in password protected galleries?
    Hi Jessicawinn.

That's not good. Quick question, are your photos in password protected galleries? Unfortunately, MOO can't access password protected galleries. If so, you'll need to unprotect them during the printing process.

I'll also check if there is anything else that maybe happening.

Thanks
    Lisa from MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Oh, that seems to be the issue! I have photos collected in one (non-password-protected) gallery from one that is password-protected. If I don't include those photos, I don't seem to get the error. I'll go take off that password. Thanks!

EDIT: Well, I removed the password but I'm still getting the error on those same photos. Hmm.
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Works perfectly guys - your timing is great as I am about to do some shoots for next season so will be able to have the new players on my business cardsthumb.gif

Thanks again:D
    MOOHQ wrote: »
    Hello ClaireJ,

Yes, you definitely can use the European store. Unfortunately, as you have now clicked on the original link we have that set as your default. Therefore, please access the page here directly at http://uk.moo.com/smugmug/ and it will automatically send you to the European store. Or, otherwise, you can switch the store in top right navigation and then navigate to the product you want to make and select SmugMug as the image source for your products.

Enjoy!
    ClaireJ
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Hi Jessicawinn.

That's not good. We're looking in to it. As soon as I understand the issue, I'll get back to you here. If you do try again and get through, please let us know.

Thanks
    Lisa

Oh, that seems to be the issue! I have photos collected in one (non-password-protected) gallery from one that is password-protected. If I don't include those photos, I don't seem to get the error. I'll go take off that password. Thanks!

EDIT: Well, I removed the password but I'm still getting the error on those same photos. Hmm.
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Hi Jessicawinn.

That's not good. We're looking in to it. As soon as I understand the issue, I'll get back to you here. If you do try again and get through, please let us know.

Thanks
    Lisa

Lisa,
    It seems to work now! Maybe I just needed to give it a minute.

I went through the whole process, but how do I get the discount when checking out? I'm a pro user and it is quoting me the full amount on the payment page. Sorry I'm being such a headache!
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Hi Jessicawinn

I'm glad it's working now. As a PRO, you're entitled to a free set of 50 Business Cards or 100 MiniCards (just pay shipping).

All you need to do, is ensure that you have one of these products are in your cart. The discount is applied automatically at the bottom of the cart page.

What exactly did you put in your cart? I want to ensure there isn't something else that is causing an issue.

Thanks for sticking with it!
    Lisa
    Lisa,
    It seems to work now! Maybe I just needed to give it a minute.

I went through the whole process, but how do I get the discount when checking out? I'm a pro user and it is quoting me the full amount on the payment page. Sorry I'm being such a headache!
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Hi Jessicawinn

I'm glad it's working now. As a PRO, you're entitled to a free set of 50 Business Cards or 100 MiniCards (just pay shipping).

All you need to do, is ensure that you have one of these products are in your cart. The discount is applied automatically at the bottom of the cart page.

What exactly did you put in your cart? I want to ensure there isn't something else that is causing an issue.

Thanks for sticking with it!
    Lisa

The cart has 50 SmugMug Business Cards, but at the bottom of the cart page it says, "Total cost for your order & shipping $27.99". Thanks so much for looking at this!
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Great news!! And great timing!!

I just recently upgraded to the pro level and while out with my camera last night, a tourist asked if I had a website where they could see my work. That got me thinking that it was finally time to make use of Moo's great cards and keep some in my camera bag when I'm out. (I ordered a sample pack of Moo cards a little while back, but never got around to ordering a full set, being asked for my website last night was a wake up call that I needed some!) And then BOOM! I read the release notes before I fall asleep and find this?! AWSOME!!

Thank you Smugmug and Moo! clap.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Hi Jessicawin,

I've just sent you a private message. Hopefully, that should solve the issue.

thanks
    lisa
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010

Can't do it from collected photos at the moment - start from the gallery where the photos reside in and let us know, thanks!
  • Options
    NatashaJappNatashaJapp Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2010
    Images do not show up!
    I am trying to order some cads, but images from public galleries do not show up on MOO's site. It connects to my smug account, but no thumbnails show, so I can not add anything! Any ideas? headscratch.gif

natasha

gallery.natashajapp.com
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    I am trying to order some cads, but images from public galleries do not show up on MOO's site. It connects to my smug account, but no thumbnails show, so I can not add anything! Any ideas? headscratch.gif

natasha

gallery.natashajapp.com
    Please start from a public gallery - does that help? EDIT: Also see faq#3 in the first post of this thread, thanks.
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    This is great - I got my first order in yesterday and only paid shipping. I'm anxious to see the first batch which I'm sure will look nice - if so, I'll spend a bit more time selecting more of my favorite images for my next order. Thanks Smugmug and Moo!
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Not working
    I keep getting this message "The smugmug service appears to be down at the moment" on this page after I click the "next step" button. Going on about two hours with the message. Overloaded?!!!
    I have been trying for five hours, No luck. I'm going to bed! Maybe tomorrow.
    Rich
  • Options
    daylightimagesdaylightimages Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    I'm getting that, too.

EDIT: Some two hours plus later, and I still get the same message.
    Steve Barry
    The Railroad Photographer
    www.railroadphotographer.com
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2010
    Getting an Error Message - Check FAQ no. 3
    Hello. I'm sorry you're having trouble. It is most likely due to photo restrictions. The details are in Andy's FAQs in the original post above. Hope that helps.

Lisa from the MOO Crew
    I'm getting that, too.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2010
    Hello. I'm sorry you're having trouble. It is most likely due to photo restrictions. The details are in Andy's FAQs in the original post above. Hope that helps.

Lisa from the MOO Crew

Nope. Everything is fine as far as settings go. Public gallery, permission for Moo, everything.

The way it's acting, I wondered if it was a browser issue, but neither Firefox nor Safari will work.

The gallery it's drawing photos from is http://www.railroadphotographer.com/A-Railroad-Portfolio/Newest-Portfolio/Newest-Additions-1/3929050_jkYeE#710930119_MRtor .

Any ideas?
    Steve Barry
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    I'm having problems, too. Everything is set correctly, but I still get this:

"The smugmug service appears to be down at the moment."
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    edited June 19, 2010
    Okay. Now I can't even get to the first step. When Moo first connects I get

Sorry, we were unable to retrieve any photos

You might not have any photos or SmugMug might be down

However, SmugMug does not appear to be down.

EDIT: As of 12:40am ET I'm back to getting past step 1 and am back to the original problem.
    Steve Barry
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    It worked this morning. Fantastic and unexpected perk. SmugMug, thank you very much!
    Rich
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Nope. Everything is fine as far as settings go. Public gallery, permission for Moo, everything.

The way it's acting, I wondered if it was a browser issue, but neither Firefox nor Safari will work.

The gallery it's drawing photos from is http://www.railroadphotographer.com/A-Railroad-Portfolio/Newest-Portfolio/Newest-Additions-1/3929050_jkYeE#710930119_MRtor .

Any ideas?
    Try again? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    kd2 wrote: »
    I'm having problems, too. Everything is set correctly, but I still get this:

"The smugmug service appears to be down at the moment."

Hi Kathy, see the 3rd faq in Post #1 pls. Let us know.