Options

Package Purchase from Customer POV

oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited June 21, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Just finished shooting a huge event (Triathlon). Couple thousand pics broken up into 24 galleries.

Can't search by bib number is killing me. But that's a different story.

So I've setup the event and setup packages and just about to make everything live to my customers. But decided to do a dry run putting a package together....

I could see it would be easy if you've only got a handful of pics. But my customers are jumping around 24 different galleries with each gallery around 100 pics. I don't think it could be much more confusing.

I did figure out how to expand the selectable pictures from one row to multiple rows. But not obvious at all. And really.... a left/right arrow to scroll through all those pics??? Why not a scroll bar?

Why not under the "BUY" drop down for a pic.... (If a package is available) "Add photo to package"

Can you change the view of the event page to list galleries instead of thumbs? Or something that supports longer names.

Comments

• Options
    FrederiqueFrederique Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 8, 2010
    Hi oceanthrsty,

Thanks for the great feedback!!

We agree that a scrollbar would make the world of a difference when it comes to browsing large galleries to fill a package. We're on it!!

And great suggestion on the ability to 'Add photos to package' in the Buy menu. Thank you!

THANK YOU!

Frederique
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Frederique wrote: »
    Hi oceanthrsty,

Thanks for the great feedback!!

We agree that a scrollbar would make the world of a difference when it comes to browsing large galleries to fill a package. We're on it!!

And great suggestion on the ability to 'Add photos to package' in the Buy menu. Thank you!

THANK YOU!

Frederique

I'm sure improvements are coming so I'm not worried too much, but I've been actively advertising packages on my homepage for a long time and finally sold my first one. The customer was completely frustrated throughout the entire process. She kept texting me questions about where to find the pictures, etc. She finally figured it out, but it took a couple days. I'm not sure how many people gave up on buying a package because the process was just too cumbersome.

I think when smugmug integrates the favorites feature (from events) into all galleries for all users, things will become much simpler. Customers will narrow down the pictures they like as they browse, and then use those pictures to fill packages. People just need that "hold on to this picture" button.

But for now, they can't browse the site at the same time as they choose pictures for their package unless they open up a second window. They have to choose pictures for the package from tiny thumbnails. Just doesn't work too well.

Dave
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    pilotdave wrote: »
    I think when smugmug integrates the favorites feature (from events) into all galleries for all users, things will become much simpler. Customers will narrow down the pictures they like as they browse, and then use those pictures to fill packages. People just need that "hold on to this picture" button.

Oooooh, that would be SO nice...
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube