Options

Original vs. Square thumbnails?

dtgaumerdtgaumer Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 8, 2010 in SmugMug Support
I have set my thumbnails in all my galleries to be "Original" vs. "Square" but there are a lot of them that havent changed to the "original" thumbnail and I set it that way several months ago. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Here's an example of what i mean:
http://www.derekgaumerphotography.com/People/Portfolio/9260403_9gMqF#619561391_XehoX

Thanks!
-Derek

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Hi Derek,

How did you change it? Just changing the setting in the 'gallery settings' won't update existing photos - it would only apply to new upload. To change existing photos in a gallery, use the Tools button > many photos > more > adjust thumbnails tool.

After a while, the change should be processed.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    dtgaumerdtgaumer Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Thanks for that...it worked. I completely forgot about going that route instead of just using "gallery settings." thanks again!
  • Options
    aporteraporter Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 8, 2010
    Anyone know of a way to do this for lots of galleries at once? I didn't realize I had the square thumbnails enabled by default when I bulk uploaded a few hundred galleries. I changed the preferences for all of them using tools > gallery settings > change multiple galleries but not sure how to update all the thumbs?

Thanks,

Andrew
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Hi Andrew,

As I said in my previous reply, to change thumbnails for existing photos, use the Tools button > many photos > more > adjust thumbnails tool. There's currently no bulk way to do that for multiple galleries at a time.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero