Options

Heads up: Dgrin Forum Software Upgrade

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited May 27, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Bring it on!
The time has come to upgrade Dgrin's software, so batten down the hatches and make way for the first of many changes.

We're laying the groundwork for a host of improvements, so please stay seated through the temporary turbulence. As our engineers grind away, you might notice a few blips around the forum. Don't worry - we'll do everything we can to make the transition as smooth as possible.

>>> To begin: Dgrin will experience approximately 1 hour of downtime on Thursday, 10 PM PST.

We need you.
If you see a problem, please let us know right here in this thread. Your eyes and ears are essential to our success and we'll be closely monitoring that thread to apply fixes as needed.

From all of us at Dgrin: Thanks in advance for your patience, help, and feedback.

Known issues:

- If you're having any odd problems please log off and log back in.
- Dgrin registrations are broken right now. We'll get that fixed as soon as we can!
- Mark forums read is not working. We're aware and will get that resolved soon.

Comments

• Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Are you doing the new vBulletin? Or Invision Power?

vBulletin is like the antithesis of what SmugMug is. They've gone from one of the most amazing companies to one that only cares about its shareholders. They released 4.0 too early, changed pricing with *no* warning (causing some people to double-pay for the same thing), etc..

Invision Power, on the other hand, actually seems to care about their users. I've converted some boards over to them, and it was silky-smooth. Everyone likes it too. Lots of AJAX goodness :)

Anyways, whatever it is, it's the community here that REALLY matters. :D

David
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    headscratch.gif

I'll have an exciting announcement someday myself, I think. I just don't know what, yet. rolleyes1.gif

You're such a tease! :D
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    headscratch.gif

I'll have an exciting announcement someday myself, I think. I just don't know what, yet. rolleyes1.gif

You're such a tease! :D
    Keep us posted with updates. Looking forward to Ric-2.0.:D
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2010
    RogersDA wrote:
    Keep us posted with updates. Looking forward to Ric-2.0.:D

I thought I'd start at 3.0 just to be ahead of the curve.:ivar
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited April 29, 2010
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I thought I'd start at 3.0 just to be ahead of the curve.:ivar

But will you run Flash? lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2010
    Richard wrote:

Naw....I never cared for trenchcoats!:wow
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I need to patent that.. "Using Adobe Flash to create a great looking forum that no one can use". rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 30, 2010
    We just finished the upgrade. Please let us know if you notice something broken.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,744 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    When clicking "Mark Forums Read" I get the following message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 30, 2010
    GSPeP wrote: »

Hey GSPeP!

Nice to see you here, Mr. subscriber #200 at SmugMug, signed up our second month in business... (And actually the first 100 were beta testers.)
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    Problem posting
    I'm having a problem posting in a new thread.
    Put in the title and then pasted in the text and photo links and it promptly tells me my message is too short (no text at all)

Brian v.
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    I'm having a problem posting in a new thread.
    Put in the title and then pasted in the text and photo links and it promptly tells me my message is too short (no text at all)

Brian v.

Odd just tried it a third time after re- logging in and it worked this time ?
    Brian v.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    Odd just tried it a third time after re- logging in and it worked this time ?
    Brian v.

If you have a session still open from before the upgrade, you will find all kinds of problems. Close all previous sessions, log in again and you should be OK.
  • Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    Can't seem to create new threads, at least not in People or Go Figure. I get a page and can type but none of the icons work (ie. the icons above the typing box that allow to add photos, etc).. and when clicking submit, get an error saying the message is too short.

Using Firefox 3.5.9
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    K got it working, had to clear my entire cache and everything...
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    3.8.5.. Nice.. Thank goodness you didn't go to the 4.0 disaster. :)
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    [/U]If you see a problem, please let us know right here in this thread. Your eyes and ears are essential to our success and we'll be closely monitoring that thread to apply fixes as needed.

From all of us at Dgrin: Thanks in advance for your patience, help, and feedback.[/QUOTE]

OK if you click on the little arrow on main page to "go to last post" (in any random thread) if it's a thread thats been active after the upgrade it takes you to said last post in thread...

If it's a thread that hasn't had a new post since the upgrade its gives you the attached error message...

-rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    I did not clear any caches, but I did have to re-login. However I click the little arrow on a thread listing to got to the last post and I am taken to the first post.

Happened on this thread, and one with 640 posts. Went to # 1 not #640.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010

I'm getting the same error:
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I did not clear any caches, but I did have to re-login. However I click the little arrow on a thread listing to got to the last post and I am taken to the first post.

Happened on this thread, and one with 640 posts. Went to # 1 not #640.

Don

Hmm...headscratch.gif. It seems to working normally for me, that is, it takes me to the first post that I haven't read. If it's a thread I never looked at, it goes to the first post, but that's the way it's supposed to work. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,744 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    Baldy wrote: »
    Hey GSPeP!

Nice to see you here, Mr. subscriber #200 at SmugMug, signed up our second month in business... (And actually the first 100 were beta testers.)
    Thanks, found you guys via Advrider in those days.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Hmm...headscratch.gif. It seems to working normally for me, that is, it takes me to the first post that I haven't read. If it's a thread I never looked at, it goes to the first post, but that's the way it's supposed to work. ne_nau.gif
    Richard,
    I've posted twice to this thread now. Been doing other things and just know when I clicked that again because you have since posted to this thread it again took me to #1 and not your #21! ne_nau.gif

Don
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    Richard,
    I've posted twice to this thread now. Been doing other things and just know when I clicked that again because you have since posted to this thread it again took me to #1 and not your #21! ne_nau.gif

Don

OK, sounds like a bug all right, but I wonder what's different between your case and mine. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    OK, sounds like a bug all right, but I wonder what's different between your case and mine. headscratch.gif
    On top of that when I click the right arrow icon witht eh page numbers to then take me to the last page of a thread it goes to the second to the last.

I am using Camino 2.0.2 on a MBP w/ 10.6.3.headscratch.gif

I can try in Safari.

Don
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    On top of that when I click the right arrow icon witht eh page numbers to then take me to the last page of a thread it goes to the second to the last.

I am using Camino 2.0.2 on a MBP w/ 10.6.3.headscratch.gif

I can try in Safari.

Don
    Getting the exact same thing on both accounts in Safari 4.0.5.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    Getting the exact same thing on both accounts in Safari 4.0.5.ne_nau.gif

I am using FF 3.6.3 on XP. This doesn't sound like a browser issue though. The back end is getting confused somehow. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010

Confirmed and noted. Thanks.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    Confirmed and noted. Thanks.

No problems encountered to date, but just wanted to say it's one heckuvalot faster to load each page!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2010
    Andy
    divamum wrote: »
    No problems encountered to date, but just wanted to say it's one heckuvalot faster to load each page!! thumb.gif

Test

Couldin't post last night
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2010
    On top of that when I click the right arrow icon with the page numbers to then take me to the last page of a thread it goes to the second to the last.

Don
    Sorry, Richard. This one is Okay. I forgot that > takes one to the next page, so that is fine.

And in the thread, when there is a >>Last button that works, but in a forum thread listing, with the >>icon next the the last poster's user name, that one takes me to #1, not the first unread post.

This is also happening in the web browser on my iTouch, logged in.

Don