Options

API Update - 6th March 2010

devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
G'day Guys,

We pushed an update for 1.2.2 which contained...

New methods... as well as some bug fixes for issues found in the previous release.

Cheers,

David
David Parry
SmugMug API Developer
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    udyudy Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    devbobo wrote:
    G'day Guys,

We pushed an update for 1.2.2 which contained...

as well as some bug fixes for issues found in the previous release.

Cheers,

David

Regarding the subcategories, it works as expected. :-)

About the albums, I can see that there can exist 2 (or more) albums in the same category/subcategory, having the same name, but different nice names. Is that by design? And what would be its reason?

Thanks,
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 18, 2010
    Hey Claudiu,

The restriction on a category/subcategory having the same name has been long standing, due to the fact that the category name use to be used in the url eg. http://nickname.smugmug.com/Other. The Subcategory never required this limitation since it's SubCategoryID was used in the url...but I'm assuming the same restriction was applied for consistency.

Albums however never had this restriction. I guessing that this was the case because lots of people don't use Categories at all...and just have everything in the default Other category and display all their albums on their homepage.

With the release of NiceNames, the restriction on having duplicate Category or SubCategory names does seem out of date. I'll have a look at how difficult that is resolve, but I can't make any promises of if/when that might happen.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    udyudy Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    devbobo wrote:
    Hey Claudiu,

The restriction on a category/subcategory having the same name has been long standing, due to the fact that the category name use to be used in the url eg. http://nickname.smugmug.com/Other. The Subcategory never required this limitation since it's SubCategoryID was used in the url...but I'm assuming the same restriction was applied for consistency.

Albums however never had this restriction. I guessing that this was the case because lots of people don't use Categories at all...and just have everything in the default Other category and display all their albums on their homepage.

With the release of NiceNames, the restriction on having duplicate Category or SubCategory names does seem out of date. I'll have a look at how difficult that is resolve, but I can't make any promises of if/when that might happen.

Cheers,

David

Thanks.