Options

Smugmug download tool for windows / newversion

fcaerofcaero Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
Hi
I have been way for some time.
I just have enhanced the smugmug download tool, it’s now called Sdownload because of the restrictions on using smugmug name.

I use this app for personal use and any one that need to download albums from smugmug (as I) can use it on private way (non commercial)…

Again a very simple and not user proof…

Download and install:
Create a directory and copy the exe file inside.

Using it:
Put your data : nick password and directory to download (you must have the folder for pics created)
Click login Wait
Click on the album that you want to download and the images will appear on the other list.
Chose the size of the image you want
Click download and wait… (For now only full album download)

Future enhancements:
Real file names, instead of the smugmug names.
Proxy support…
Etc…

PS: Use it at your own risk

You can download here
http://casa21.mine.nu/sd/

Oldpost:http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2675

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    fcaero...im trying this for the 1st time. I appear to be having a 'parser' error. Is it that the album im trying to d/load is too big ...i say this because it seems to do smaller albums fine.

Thanks gus
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    That did it...i just copied about 80 odd photos to a new album & your prog works beautifully !!!!!

This prog is 100% GUS endorsed ...(gus proof that is)

Thanks thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    its limited to 200pics by album until the xml bugs are fixed.

i'm working on more user friendly version that will allow to choose the maximum file per album.

Humungus wrote:
    That did it...i just copied about 80 odd photos to a new album & your prog works beautifully !!!!!

This prog is 100% GUS endorsed ...(gus proof that is)

Thanks thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Have you been testing against the new beta API? It fixes a lot of bugs but will not go out to production until enough people test against it.
    fcaero wrote:
    its limited to 200pics by album until the xml bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    The limitation is not by the bug itself.
    Because of the xml bug i have to do process that is very time consuming and so i have put a limitation to 200 pics to get it faster...

The beta version its even worst on the getalbuns ...

who is fixing the apis ? onethumb ?

{JT} wrote:
    Have you been testing against the new beta API? It fixes a lot of bugs but will not go out to production until enough people test against it.
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Onethumb is in charge of fixes to the API - if it is a bug, please post about it in the new thread I started, thanks!
    fcaero wrote:
    The limitation is not by the bug itself.
    Because of the xml bug i have to do process that is very time consuming and so i have put a limitation to 200 pics to get it faster...

The beta version its even worst on the getalbuns ...

who is fixing the apis ? onethumb ?
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    I already did it
    here
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=16175

{JT} wrote:
    Onethumb is in charge of fixes to the API - if it is a bug, please post about it in the new thread I started, thanks!
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2006
    When I run the program, on the bottom left I see:

Downloading and prepareing albums.

and to the right of that number counting over and over.

This is on 4 different computers. Does the program work any more? I know it used too.
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    RedskeeterRedskeeter Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2006
    Yea, Me too
    When I run the program, on the bottom left I see:

Downloading and prepareing albums.

and to the right of that number counting over and over.

This is on 4 different computers. Does the program work any more? I know it used too.

Same problem. Noted the text with program said "Put your data: nick password AND DIRECTORY TO DOWNLOAD ... (empasis added). Can anyone clarify what is being asked here since password does not accept a gallery or anything else? What are we missing?
    Wildlife & Nature Photography
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    Deleted Program
    Redskeeter wrote:

Same problem. Noted the text with program said "Put your data: nick password AND DIRECTORY TO DOWNLOAD ... (empasis added). Can anyone clarify what is being asked here since password does not accept a gallery or anything else? What are we missing?

I recommend getting Star Explorer.

http://www.starexplorer.com/
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    risourcerisource Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I recommend getting Star Explorer.

http://www.stare xplorer.com/

That's a fine suggestion, except be prepared to pay for it. The trial version doesn't do much, and you won't know that until after you download, install, and give it your username/password. The website says "no refunds.. try it before you buy it" and yet, it is limited to 3 photos download, for example.

Sorry... I won't look any further after I discover what I consider shady marketing like that. If the trial has limitations, they should be *prominantly* described as a courtesy.
  • Options
    luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    risource wrote:
    That's a fine suggestion, except be prepared to pay for it. The trial version doesn't do much, and you won't know that until after you download, install, and give it your username/password. The website says "no refunds.. try it before you buy it" and yet, it is limited to 3 photos download, for example.

Sorry... I won't look any further after I discover what I consider shady marketing like that. If the trial has limitations, they should be *prominantly* described as a courtesy.

You should let Nik know, he's a nice guy, I'm sure he'd appreciate the feedback.

You'll be able to use something, originally, titled 'SmugDown' that will do the job for you.

Downside: You won't be able to use it until July/August.

Luke