Options

Default HTML Bug?

pumpkinpumpkin Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
I'm playing around with customizing my smugmug page, but have encountered what I think is an HTML bug. In the area just before the galleries section where it says X's galleries, there's an unclosed strong tag, and a suspicious A tag. I'd post the specific section but it seems to mess up my post :)

I've noticed this on various smugmug user pages, and I think it's a bug. I'm also not sure that even a named anchor is allowed by the html standard to have no content. Not too sure about that...

could you close the A (if indeed it needs closing) and strong tags please? :)

Thanks,

Daniel Peebles

Comments

• Options
    edited August 8, 2005
    *bump* I'm pretty sure this is actually a bug... :P
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    Can I get a link please? Also, this is not the corruct forum to post bugs, try here:

http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
    pumpkin wrote:
    *bump* I'm pretty sure this is actually a bug... :P
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    Can I get a link please? Also, this is not the corruct forum to post bugs, try here:

http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

oh I'm sorry... I didn't really know what forum it belonged in ne_nau.gif

if you go to pumpkin.smugmug.com, in the html source, look for the Daniel Peebles' Galleries text, and you'll find it's in a td tag with a strong and an a tag that both get opened but neither get closed.

This isn't speicific to me, and I've found the same thing on other smugmug accounts. I'm not entirely sure about the specs for the A tag but I'm pretty sure it need to have "content" (if just an nbsp) and a closing tag, even if it's just an anchor. The strong tag should definitely be closed, I believe.

Sorry again for the confusion for posting it on this forum.

I doubt I'll find many other bugs in your wonderful service, but if I do, I'll report them on the other forum.

Thanks,

Dan