Options

One web address for all galleries?

PyroSurferPyroSurfer Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited December 29, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I have several galleries with subgalleries in them.
Is there one web adrress or hack I can use to show all galleries on one page?

Thanks,

Ben

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    PyroSurfer wrote:

Thanks,

Ben
    Hi Ben, welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

I've moved this from the API forum to here, since it's not API related.

You can show all your galleries on one page, but that means you will not have the category/subcategory structure any more. It's one or the other. I'm not aware of a URI or something else that will show you all the galleries yet keep the cat/subcat structure.

If you want to change the way the galleries are displayed, make sure you are logged in and go to your homepage. Go to the category/gallery box and in the top-right corner select 'galleries' instead of 'categories' thumb.gif
  • Options
    OppsOpps Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    ivar wrote:

You can show all your galleries on one page, but that means you will not have the category/subcategory structure any more. It's one or the other. I'm not aware of a URI or something else that will show you all the galleries yet keep the cat/subcat structure.

If you want to change the way the galleries are displayed, make sure you are logged in and go to your homepage. Go to the category/gallery box and in the top-right corner select 'galleries' instead of 'categories' thumb.gif

Would it work to use sharegroups?
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    jmaurerjmaurer Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2009
    PyroSurfer wrote:

Thanks,

Ben

Not sure how "low level" you want to get, but since you started out in the API thread, you might want to checkout http://dev.hurleyhome.com/smugmug/gallery-select.html is uses my jquery javascript wrapper. If you are hosting your own web pages, it makes doing some pretty interesting stuff against the api fairly easy.
  • Options
    PyroSurferPyroSurfer Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2009
    ivar wrote:

Seems fine to display stuff on the homepage, except I don't want the galleries to appear on the homepage. I want a seperate page for my homepage, a seperate page showing all my galleries, and a third seperate page for favourite photos.

I may be missing the obvious, but how do I go about creating seperate pages for what I want, and not just have everything appearing on the homepage?

Ben
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited December 29, 2009
    PyroSurfer wrote:
    I may be missing the obvious, but how do I go about creating seperate pages for what I want, and not just have everything appearing on the homepage?
    This tutorial will show you how to have a slideshow on your homepage with a separate galleries page - http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2160039.

A third page for favorite photos? Depends on how you define favorite. It can be a gallery, it can be a set of galleries that you designate as featured galleries (which can be pulled onto a separate page with a variation on the tutorial I referenced).

--- Denise