Options

Why am I getting spammed by User Voice?

Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
edited December 20, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I've gotten five emails today that say "New activity on your ideas for smugmug!" in the subject line. There is a link inside to one of the user voice suggestions that I voted for and commented on. When I clicked through the first time, there was a new comment that someone had left. Then I got four more emails saying the same thing, but there hadn't actually been any new comments. Looks like some sort of very annoying bug...

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 20, 2009
    I started getting the same emails, I assume it's a new option from uservoice...just click the 'Edit your email notifications' in any of their emails and adjust the settings.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    I started getting the same emails, I assume it's a new option from uservoice...just click the 'Edit your email notifications' in any of their emails and adjust the settings.

Cheers,

David
    I've gotten three emails on the exact same uservoice item. I don't mind getting an occasional status update (thus I don't really want to shut off the emails), but three emails on the same item in a day does feel like I'm getting spammed. Either something is amiss in the system or someone is editing the post in a wrong way that's triggering these emails.

Plus, the emails are kind of pointless because they tell you what item changed, but not what changed about the item. You're left to try to go look at the item to figure out what changed.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Yeah, when I got the first email, I thought it was pretty cool and I went to see what someone else had written about the (admittedly low-profile) issue that I had commented on.

Then I got four more emails for no apparent reason...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    I think it's a bug, I've gotten the same mails but only just made the connection. I'll address it asap with them.

Sorry for the hassle folks, stay tuned and please hang in there.

PS: I emailed and tweeted. I'm sure they'll fix whatever busted, sorry for the multiple emails.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    FYI Guys, they wrote me back, they've a bug and they'll fix it.
    Sorry for the hassles it'll be fixed though.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    This issue should be fixed, sorry again guys!

http://twitter.com/scottrutherford/status/6872281445