Options

Shopping Cart not working???

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited December 27, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just went in and tried to order a 16x24 Glicee Canvas and I add it to my cart and click checkout but the Cart shows as empty and I've tried several times. Please advise.
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    I just went in and tried to order a 16x24 Glicee Canvas and I add it to my cart and click checkout but the Cart shows as empty and I've tried several times. Please advise.

UPDATE: It appears to be MAC specific. I can get the shopping cart to work on a Windows system.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    UPDATE: It appears to be MAC specific. I can get the shopping cart to work on a Windows system.

The first thing to check is the cookie setting in the browser that is not working. It needs to accept cookies, and not be clearing them. If that's not it let us know.

ann
  • Options
    Adam73Adam73 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 17, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    The first thing to check is the cookie setting in the browser that is not working. It needs to accept cookies, and not be clearing them. If that's not it let us know.

ann

I'm having the same problem. I have had two clients call and complain. So frustrating. If your in Safari, click on "Safari" at the top left of your monitor and "preferences" Go to the "Security" tab and make sure "always accept cookies" is checked.

-Adam
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Add me to this list. I am currently waiting on a customer to reply back to me with browser version after contacting me that her cart is empty when going to checkout. This is not the first time this has happened. Is there perhaps more information somewhere explaining why this might be happening?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Add me to this list. I am currently waiting on a customer to reply back to me with browser version after contacting me that her cart is empty when going to checkout. This is not the first time this has happened. Is there perhaps more information somewhere explaining why this might be happening?
    They just need cookies enabled: http://www.smugmug.com/help/cookies
    Holler to us at the help desk if we can help you more, okay?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Check to make sure she added a quantity to one product. If not she'll lose
    the cart items if continuing browsing.

This is one thing where Smug should have a warning when clicking "back to gallery",
    a popup warning that any photo in cart will be lost if no quantity is added.

Looks like adding multiple photos adds quantity but single doesn't.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Thanks. Yes, her problem was a cookie problem. But, Allen's suggestion was actually the first one I told her to check. That "0" quantity problem happens quite a bit and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    It's Safari specific even. It's being worked on thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    It's Safari specific even. It's being worked on thumb.gif
    Actually, if you set the cookie settings in Safari as Andy suggested, it works just fine over here. So take another look that you have set your Safari to "always accept cookies". Don't set it to "only from sites I navigate to" or it might not work.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2009
    Actually, if you set the cookie settings in Safari as Andy suggested, it works just fine over here. So take another look that you have set your Safari to "always accept cookies". Don't set it to "only from sites I navigate to" or it might not work.
    yeah, but its not the way it should be working, according to BigWegGuy :D
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    yeah, but its not the way it should be working, according to BigWegGuy :D
    Ahh, didn't see that. Thanks Ivar.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero