Options

I think I sold a print but I didn't mean too? Help please

domromerdomromer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited December 4, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Today I revived en email saying that I've sold a print. I didn't even know my photos were for sale.
When I review the order it shows the price but says there is no profit on my end. How does this all work? Do I need to do anything?

Here is the review order screen I'm looking at.

Screenshot2009-12-04at15108PM.png

Comments

• Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Congratulations! It says the order is already Processing & Printing, so I don't think you have to do anything.

Although if random people were buying my photos, I'd probably start marking up my prices. ;-}
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2009
    darryl wrote:
    Congratulations! It says the order is already Processing & Printing, so I don't think you have to do anything.

Although if random people were buying my photos, I'd probably start marking up my prices. ;-}

Do you know how i collect the money?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited December 4, 2009
    domromer wrote:
    If you didn't price your photos for sale then there is no money. The screen shot that you posted shows zero profit. Do you have a Pro account? That's the only account level that you can set prices and make money from selling your photos. If you have a power or a standard account, people can buy your photos if you allow printing, but there is no profit to you.

I looked at the order you posted, and I looked at the EZ Prints prices at http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/P, and the price for an 11x14 mounted metallic print shows at $47.95.

If you don't want anyone to be able to buy your photos, then set printable to no. You will still be able to buy your own photos when you are logged in.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2009
    darryl wrote:

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    domromer wrote:
    Hi, there's no profit set by you on this order, so there's no money to collect :(

You'll want to set your prices so you can make a profit, here's how:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

if you have more questions, please write our Support Heroes. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, there's no profit set by you on this order, so there's no money to collect :(

You'll want to set your prices so you can make a profit, here's how:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

if you have more questions, please write our Support Heroes. Thanks!

Looks like I have some reading to do. Thanks for that link.