. . . Green Room . . .
702827392_wcwnS-XL-1.jpg

. . . The Bright Light of Escape.
702827457_BJxxK-XL-1.jpg

See the rest of this gallery here.
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Inspiring set. Love the first one and "Ascent" in particular.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited November 4, 2009
    Really nice set, Lee. Ghost Room, Through the Doors and Ascent are my favorites, but many others are very good. clap.gif
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Terrific stuff, Lee. Just terrific.clap.gifclap.gif The pictures and the presentation...absolutely top notch all the way. So many really good shots....I'm in awe.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    I think they are all wonderful but I especially like 1,3,4,5 10...gee - I may as well say all! Did you have this place all to yourself? Did you use available light only?
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Hi Lee.....That is really good stuff.......I like them all clap.gifclapclap.gif azzaro
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Love how you built this storyline and how you captured the angles. "Ascent" was a total WOW, but really loved them all.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Thank you, everyone, for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated.

Eia. Yes, it's all available light. "Red Room", for instance was actually darker than you see it here and I could barely see while in it. Exposure was 30 seconds at f/6.3, which made for a rather light image. I had to darken it in post and it's still much brighter than the actual room.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Thank you, eveyone, for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated.

Eia. Yes, it's all available light. "Red Room", for instance was actually darker than you see it here and I could barely see while in it. Exposure was 30 seconds at f/6.3, which made for a rather light image. I had to darken it in post and it's still much brighter than the actual room.

Very interesting. I can imagine that it was a bit eerie as you set up the shot in such a dark room.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    I Looooove Fort Point! thumb.gifclap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Very interesting. I can imagine that it was a bit eerie as you set up the shot in such a dark room.

Nah! I harbor neither phobias not superstitions: Not to mention my years as either a student or an employee working in darkrooms black as pitch. mwink.gif
    Nikolai wrote:
    I Looooove Fort Point! thumb.gifclap.gif

Thank you, Nikolai! This was my first time there and I hope to get back someday. I had a lot of fun in there.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Howdy Lee,

Stunning series of images, really love the perspectives and the use of light/or lack of.

Looks like it was pretty spooky, but that really added to the feel of the images.

very nicely done!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas