• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots Weddings Do you have a "Bridezilla" clause in your contract?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Nov-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Eketelon is offline Eketelon OP
"Lift as you climb"
Eek Do you have a "Bridezilla" clause in your contract?
I love shooting weddings! I enjoy the whole creative opportunities it allows. This weekend the wife and I sat and watch several eps of Bridezilla on Bravo and we were just blown away! It actually angered me a few times at that shear nerve of these crazed brides! I'm seriously considering putting a Bridezilla clause in my wedding contract. I was wondering if any of you have a similar clause in your contracts as well. Have you run in to a bridezilla on any of your shoots? What would you do if you did?
Lights: SB-600, Alien Bees 400 & 800

Last edited by Eketelon; Nov-03-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Added the "deal" icon to reference a contract.
Old Nov-03-2009, 01:20 PM
mmmatt is offline mmmatt
Big Grimace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eketelon
I love shooting weddings! I enjoy the whole creative opportunities it allows. This weekend the wife and I sat and watch several eps of Bridezilla on Bravo and we were just blown away! It actually angered me a few times at that shear nerve of these crazed brides! I'm seriously considering putting a Bridezilla clause in my wedding contract. I was wondering if any of you have a similar clause in your contracts as well. Have you run in to a bridezilla on any of your shoots? What would you do if you did?
I have yet to run into a 'zilla. Well there is my ex-wife but she didn't go all zilla till a few months later! Ha!!

I have seen that show a couple of times and it is amazing how some of these brides act. Why would anyone marry one of those wenches? If that isn't a sgn of what is to come I don't know what is. Maybe they have lots of money or some magical girl parts or something but it is amazing what they capture on that show!

I have nothing like that in my contract. I think a few pictures of the freakout would suffice in any any legal battles!

Matt

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
Old Nov-03-2009, 01:22 PM
entropy07 is offline entropy07
Big grins
I've heard that the brides selected for that show are encouraged to be a little more dramatic.. I'd actually take it with a grain of salt.
Tell The World!