Options

Are we down?

MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
edited December 13, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Just trying to upload a small image and it has been 'processing' for 10 minutes.

UPDATE: I re uploaded it and all is well. The first attempt is still stuck in processing mode.
Cheers,
Monte

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    No, we're fine, no issues.
  • Options
    UNCLEBROUNCLEBRO Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 1, 2009
    I'm uploading images and they aren't showing up.
    And when I try to upload again the "skip duplicate" option comes into play and skips the image.
    I've also been getting my images timed out earlier this morning as I've been uploading them and they show as errors.
    Later on I found them to be in the gallery.
    There is something funky going on.......at least from where I've sitting!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    UNCLEBRO wrote:
    I'm uploading images and they aren't showing up.
    And when I try to upload again the "skip duplicate" option comes into play and skips the image.
    I've also been getting my images timed out earlier this morning as I've been uploading them and they show as errors.
    Later on I found them to be in the gallery.
    There is something funky going on.......at least from where I've sitting!!!!
    Hi, your site please?
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, your site please?

Hi, it is:

http://unclebro.smugmug.com/

thanks
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    and just to clarify...I go to the upload image screen and I select the "skip duplicates" (as I'm unsure of what I've uploaded so far) and when I try to upload a new image, it says "skipping".
    Also, i if don't choose the "skip duplicate" option, it uploads the photo but it doesn't show in the gallery.
    Is all that clear!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    UNCLEBRO wrote:
    and just to clarify...I go to the upload image screen and I select the "skip duplicates" (as I'm unsure of what I've uploaded so far) and when I try to upload a new image, it says "skipping".
    Also, i if don't choose the "skip duplicate" option, it uploads the photo but it doesn't show in the gallery.
    Is all that clear!!!!!
    Communications problem between you and us. http://unclebro.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg

Please write our Support Heroes so we can run some diagnostics with you, thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Communications problem between you and us. http://unclebro.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg

Please write our Support Heroes so we can run some diagnostics with you, thanks.

thank you very much.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    I was just a bit impatient. I uploaded a 200K image that took a very long time to process. About 30 minutes.

I re-uploaded the same image and it processed immediately so maybe a brief hiccup somewhere.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    UNCLEBRO wrote:
    I'm seeing the same message, but the images upload properly without a status update on each individual image. This only happens when "Skip Duplicates" is selected.

I believe this may be related to the minor changes in the uploader done recently. When uploading to an empty gallery, you can no longer choose to allow dupes, skip dupes, etc. When uploading this way, everything is fine.

If I have an existing gallery and choose to skip dupes, it will display "Skipping" even on images it is uploading and will not display a progress bar for these images. The only way I know it is uploading is by looking at the "Time Remaining" at the bottom and my cable modem lights. I have seen this on both of my upload environments thus far. From the testing I've been able to do, I believe this is a bug. Please advise.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    I'm seeing the same message, but the images upload properly without a status update on each individual image. This only happens when "Skip Duplicates" is selected.

I believe this may be related to the minor changes in the uploader done recently. When uploading to an empty gallery, you can no longer choose to allow dupes, skip dupes, etc. When uploading this way, everything is fine.

If I have an existing gallery and choose to skip dupes, it will display "Skipping" even on images it is uploading and will not display a progress bar for these images. The only way I know it is uploading is by looking at the "Time Remaining" at the bottom and my cable modem lights. I have seen this on both of my upload environments thus far. From the testing I've been able to do, I believe this is a bug. Please advise.
    No one else has run into this? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    No one else has run into this? headscratch.gif
    No one? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    No one? headscratch.gif

Sorry, Samir, I am not sure - do the images upload but the uploader says they are being skipped or is there an actual error during the upload?

ann
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    the images upload but the uploader says they are being skipped
    This is what happens. It also has no progress bar. It's doing this on all three systems that I use for uploading. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    I've run into it. When I choose a block of files to upload, knowing a couple of them are already in the gallery as teasers, I'll select the skip duplicates option. It used to work nicely, now it says it's skipping all of them.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    Mox wrote:
    I've run into it. When I choose a block of files to upload, knowing a couple of them are already in the gallery as teasers, I'll select the skip duplicates option. It used to work nicely, now it says it's skipping all of them.
    That's exactly what mine does. wings.gif Does yours still upload the photos that aren't there? Do you also have the progress bar missing?
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    To be honest, I don't know. I got irritated and went to hand select them - wasn't feeling experimental! I can try it out, though. For what it's worth, it's happened more than once. The first time, I thought maybe I just needed to close & re-open my browser window, since that's fixed uploader problems for me before. I had too many important things open, though, so I hand-selected files. (Tede. Eee. Ous.) I don't typically upload near the volume you do, at least. I started with a fresh browser window next time I needed to skip files, and the same thing happened. :cry Broken.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    I've also noticed that other times it just flat doesn't skip the duplicates, and I have to go weed them out - it doesn't seem to recognize that there are, indeed, files present in the gallery already. And yes, it behaves differently depending on whether I'm adding to an existing gallery or starting a new one.

Hope that's helpful. I really liked the new uploader back when it worked. :)
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    I've tried uploading even though it says skipping on each one and it seems to behave as it should. As long as the the "View Duplicate" is appearing on the list, it is skipping those files. Try it with a test gallery. Maybe it will save you some time. thumb.gif

I think the feature still works, but it looks broken.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    the images upload but the uploader says they are being skipped
    This is what happens. It also has no progress bar. It's doing this on all three systems that I use for uploading. ne_nau.gif Still wondering what's going on? headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
  • Options
    jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    Same problems with uploading
    SamirD wrote:
    This is what happens. It also has no progress bar. It's doing this on all three systems that I use for uploading. ne_nau.gif Still wondering what's going on? headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Can anyone tell me what the fix is?

Jerry
    www.Meesoon.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2009
    bump for solution/feedback...
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2009
    I'm also not getting error messages to let me know when a file doesn't upload. It tells me it's successful and the file never shows up. I can't trust this uploader right now, which is a bummer. I can tolerate the unwanted duplicates much more readily no-show files. I don't feel like these are petty complaints. It would be really nice to get some feedback on these issues, please.
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2009
    Mox wrote:
    I'm also not getting error messages to let me know when a file doesn't upload. It tells me it's successful and the file never shows up.
    This is somewhat normal. I've been dealing with this ever since I've been with SM and with all the various uploaders that are out there. This newest uploader somewhat addresses it with the ability to skip duplicates, but that's really just a workaround.
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    Mox wrote:
    I've just noticed that this only happens if you select the skip dup options before you add any files to the uploader. If you add files first and then select skip duplicates, it displays correctly. So that's the workaround. Add files first, then choose skip dupes, not the other way around.