Options

Removing the cart link ...

{JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
edited July 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    Thanks for the info. Looks quite promising. I gotta have a deeper look into all that CSS stuff!

Discovered a layout problem in your blog with 1024x768, because of the long "function replaceFooter". I made two screenshots for you:

Maxthon (IE 6)
    Mozilla 1.3

Seems tricky, because you can't break the lines. There's still enough space on the left side, don't know why it doesn't get used to prevent this kind of layout problem.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    Yeah, I am aware of the problem :(

But don't know of a way to fix it without the code breaking when someone copy and paste's from it. For some of my earlier examples I over-simplified the code into multiple lines (and looked like an idiot I am sure), but that worked. I will keep digging, maybe there is something out there.
    Thanks for the info. Looks quite promising. I gotta have a deeper look into all that CSS stuff!

Discovered a layout problem in your blog with 1024x768, because of the long "function replaceFooter". I made two screenshots for you:

Maxthon (IE 6)
    Mozilla 1.3

Seems tricky, because you can't break the lines. There's still enough space on the left side, don't know why it doesn't get used to prevent this kind of layout problem.

Sebastian
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    Yeah, I am aware of the problem :(

But don't know of a way to fix it without the code breaking when someone copy and paste's from it. For some of my earlier examples I over-simplified the code into multiple lines (and looked like an idiot I am sure), but that worked. I will keep digging, maybe there is something out there.
    That's what confuses me about CSS so much...there are so many possible parameters and mesurements - I don't know where to start. If I dig something up, I'll let you know.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    Do what VB does. make the code box a fixed width, then do scroll bars
    Example:
    header = document.getElementById("header").innerHTML;
    footer = document.getElementById("footer").innerHTML;
    document.getElementById("footer").innerHTML = header+footer;

My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2005
    D'oh, you'd have thought I would have done that. I added it to the stylesheet and all is good, thanks!
    Mac Write wrote:
    Do what VB does. make the code box a fixed width, then do scroll bars
    Example:
    header = document.getElementById("header").innerHTML;
    footer = document.getElementById("footer").innerHTML;
    document.getElementById("footer").innerHTML = header+footer;

• Options
    edited July 12, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    D'oh, you'd have thought I would have done that. I added it to the stylesheet and all is good, thanks!
    I see no change yet. Is it already online? headscratch.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2005
    It was a CSS change, you might have to shift+refresh or empty your cache.
    I see no change yet. Is it already online? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    It was a CSS change, you might have to shift+refresh or empty your cache.
    Did work for Mozilla, but IE is still displaying it like in the screenshot (except for you changed the function in between, too). Looks like IE ignores your new code. ne_nau.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    joffunjoffun Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    Removing Shopping Cart
    It works for Firefox (although the vertical line after login is missing) as it now looks like this: powered by smugmug | login portions © 2005 smugmug, inc.
    It doesn't work in IE6.

Is there a way to remove the RSS feeds as well? The logos aren't showing up in IE6 (but they are in Firefox) and it is pretty redundant in IE for the time being anyway.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    I will look in to the IE6 and cart links ...

to get rid of the feeds use this is CSS:

#feeds {
    display: none;
    }

As for the buttons not showing up I am sure it is a cached CSS problem, wait an hour.
    joffun wrote:
    It works for Firefox (although the vertical line after login is missing) as it now looks like this: powered by smugmug | login portions © 2005 smugmug, inc.
    It doesn't work in IE6.

Is there a way to remove the RSS feeds as well? The logos aren't showing up in IE6 (but they are in Firefox) and it is pretty redundant in IE for the time being anyway.

Thanks
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    joffun wrote:
    It doesn't work in IE6.

Thanks
    They're working to update everything with css tags. You can now remove the rss/atom feeds by using the following css.
     #feeds {display:none}

Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    geeze jt how fast do you type?

• Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    I have a question for the cart link. I would like to add it somewhere else will I only need to link to "/cart/"?

Thanks

• Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Yes, we don't do anything special to that link - the page will automatically go to HTTPS too.

As for removing the cart link, I have updated the instructions again and they work on IE (as well as some formatting fixes and comments on how to troubleshoot in the future).

JT
    Mike Lane wrote:
    I have a question for the cart link. I would like to add it somewhere else will I only need to link to "/cart/"?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    They're working to update everything with css tags. You can now remove the mini footer by using the following css.
    #cobrand_footer {display:none}
    #feeds {display:none}

Mike, thanks for that - very helpful.

JT, Thanks for info - logos aren't showing yet but I will check again tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    The only downside to removing the Smugmug stuff is you can't login to edit your site from your site. What's the URL for logging in from Smugmugs site (other then "Your Photos")?
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 14, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    The only downside to removing the Smugmug stuff is you can't login to edit your site from your site. What's the URL for logging in from Smugmugs site (other then "Your Photos")?
    You can log in by going to www.smugmug.com and logging in...then u get "Your Photos"

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:

The login link always remains in the footer, too.

Don
  • Options
    jamescalderjamescalder Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    The "login" link always remains in the footer, too.

Don
    don - perhaps you're confusing header and footer? here's what my footer looks like whether i'm logged in or not:

28393930-M.jpg

since i suppress sm's standard header on my site, the only place a "login" link ever appears for me is in the header at www.smugmug.com

1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2005
    don - perhaps you're confusing header and footer? here's what my footer looks like whether i'm logged in or not:

28393930-M.jpg

since i suppress sm's standard header on my site, the only place a "login" link ever appears for me is in the header at www.smugmug.com

1drink.gif
    Using co-branding the log-in appears in the footer. However, using the code above to remove the footer does remove the log-in as well. Therefore the only way to log-in is via the smugmug homepage
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2005
    I just added a login link to the normal footer - so you no longer have to force the mini-footer to show up in order to have a login link.
    joffun wrote:
    Using co-branding the log-in appears in the footer. However, using the code above to remove the footer does remove the log-in as well. Therefore the only way to log-in is via the smugmug homepage