Options

Snapshots from Andalucia

marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
edited August 1, 2005 in Landscapes
In May of this year I've spent two weeks in Andalucia, the beautiful region in the south of Spain. We stayed near the village of Joya (between Villanueva de la Concepcion and Antequera) in a rural setting. Each morning and evening we were greeted by the sound of the bells on the herd of goats that came passing our building.

27831255-M.jpg

Right around the corner was Sierra del Torcal, an area of very nice rock formations. We also visited some places in the area, like Ronda (one of the white villages Andalucia is known for), Gibraltar, Antequera and of course had to see some flamenco show in Sevilla. We just loved walking in these places.

27835384-M.jpg

We had a great time, both because of the great landscapes there, but also because the Spanish we met were great people. Although our Spanish is very non-existing and English wasn't always spoken in the villages, they never gave up on trying to explain something to us. Something we flatlanders admired: taking the time to enjoy life in general seems to be in high regard.

27834915-M.jpg

More images can be found here.
enjoy being here while getting there

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    marlof, thanks so much for taking these pics, and taking the time to post them, along with all the links bowdown.gif lovely gallery, too... i just spend a nice session viewing the rest.

thanks again
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2005
    Thanks for your nice comments. I was quite sure that this post would get lost in the big Dgrin post drain. I'm not one to bump his own posts, so I just let it go. It was quite nice to see it getting picked up!
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    COOL!, Nice shots, I missed this one first time by.

James.
  • Options
    WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    These are nice!
    Sorry I missed them on the 1st go-round also. Enjoyed your gallery also! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2005
    Thank you, James and Rich. These holiday snapshots are always a bit hard: I'd only be in that exact spot, on that exact day, in that exact moment. There's no way to wait for sweet light, since I won't be revisiting that place. There's no way I'd be able to find the best spot to take a picture, since my wife thinks I spend too much time taking pictures during our holidays anyhow. :D
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2005
    Stunning shots Marlof....

but I'm a bit dissapointed.... not a single shot of those beautiful horses the area is famous for :cry

rolleyes1.gif:D

fantastic job!!!
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2005
    horses? i got a zillion goats in the first shot, and you want to see horses? i thought i had paid my due to the animal photographing guild with that one shot, so i could spend my time taking pictures of things i like. and those don't necessarily include horses....rolleyes1.gif

j/k: we didn't see those fine horses. did smell their relatives though. seville will always be remembered as the Capitol of Horseshit. the horse and wagon rides they offer the tourists, combined with the hot weather over there, make the smells in some areas out of this world.