Just got my dual flash bracket

NasserNasser Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited October 20, 2009 in Holy Macro
Just got my dual flash bracket, not sure if this the correct setup

Comments

• Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    You may want to reverse your RF602 receivers it looks like they may get in the photos, just turn the flash heads around, and if they dont the softbox should.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2009
    time2smile wrote:
    You may want to reverse your RF602 receivers it looks like they may get in the photos, just turn the flash heads around, and if they dont the softbox should.

Thanks
    I noticed this black bar when I tilt down for macro shots with my 100mm , I take lots of vertical /horizontal portrait shots with no such issue .
    Any explanation please.
    My lens is "Canon Telephoto EF 100mm f/2.8 USM"
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Nasser wrote:
    Thanks
    I noticed this black bar when I tilt down for macro shots with my 100mm , I take lots of vertical /horizontal portrait shots with no such issue .
    Any explanation please.
    My lens is "Canon Telephoto EF 100mm f/2.8 USM"

Either the flash got in front of the lens or your shutter speed was too high. Please ensure your shutter speed is 1/200 of a second when using flash like this.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2009
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    Either the flash got in front of the lens or your shutter speed was too high. Please ensure your shutter speed is 1/200 of a second when using flash like this.
    Your are right , seems it's shutter speed issue , thanks clap.gif
  • Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 20, 2009
    interesting set up, looks like flash heads could do with bringing nearer lens, presume you can get them nearer!
    at shorter focus distances might not get light onto subject
    phil