Options

Blackberry Uploader

Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited November 24, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Just a note on the progress towards a Blackberry uploader for SmugMug...

The picture uploader for Blackberry phones, SMUploader, is starting to look a real application.

670019748_oVdzf-L.jpg

It runs in the background, as is should, which means you can run other app's while it's doing an upload. There is an issue with phone calls while you are doing an upload that I have to work out though.

Right now it's limited to phones on the Verizon network... I'll work on adding others once I know the basics are solid. It turns out for wireless phones there is no generic way to connect to the internet, each wireless provider is a bit different.

Right now it uploads all the pictures on the phone that are not already uploaded to the BBUpload album. So you can take a few pictures, hit the "Upload" button and send all your new pictures to SmugMug.

I'm going to run it on my phone for a bit to see what I'm clean up it needs.

It looks pretty easy to add uploading of videos too... should I?

Comments

• Options
    clousephotoclousephoto Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    i cant wait til this is working for sprint! I really need a way to upload pix from my bb! If you can add video too, that would be awesome! I'd be willing to beta test as well!
    Dan7312 wrote:
    Just a note on the progress towards a Blackberry uploader for SmugMug...

The picture uploader for Blackberry phones, SMUploader, is starting to look a real application.

670019748_oVdzf-L.jpg

It runs in the background, as is should, which means you can run other app's while it's doing an upload. There is an issue with phone calls while you are doing an upload that I have to work out though.

Right now it's limited to phones on the Verizon network... I'll work on adding others once I know the basics are solid. It turns out for wireless phones there is no generic way to connect to the internet, each wireless provider is a bit different.

Right now it uploads all the pictures on the phone that are not already uploaded to the BBUpload album. So you can take a few pictures, hit the "Upload" button and send all your new pictures to SmugMug.

I'm going to run it on my phone for a bit to see what I'm clean up it needs.

It looks pretty easy to add uploading of videos too... should I?
  • Options
    swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    i cant wait til this is working for sprint! I really need a way to upload pix from my bb! If you can add video too, that would be awesome! I'd be willing to beta test as well!

This is awesome. I can't wait until I can use it too. Thanks for working on this!!!
  • Options
    havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    If you need a beta buddy - I'm on Verizon using a BB 9630.

Uploading videos? Yes that should be a feature as well.
    Randy P.
    Fuji X shooter
    Thoughts and Images
  • Options
    MitchieMooMitchieMoo Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Count me in too, email from my bb doesn't work (it creates the gallery, but no error, sadly) - I'm using a 8330 on Verizon if you need some testers! :)
    About the name: Mitchie (a nickname from my Mom), my wife Bonnie added the Moo.