Options

Before Your First post

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited November 27, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
Make sure you watch "Posting and You"

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    This should Uber-Sticky!

Nice find!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    So like dude, where do I find the latest update to punk buster headscratch.gif

:D

HL3 roxors thumb.gif

Like Nik said-"nice find"
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice find!thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif and stuck.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    ROFL the speakers on my puter at work are messed up right now so I haven't even heard it. I just thought the drawings were funny. Glad you guys liked it.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    ROFL now that I hear it it is great. totally sticky worthy.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited June 28, 2005
    Seen this one before and it is funny as all getup.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited June 28, 2005
    Excellent little production. Funny as h**l too. rolleyes1.gif I only wish I could slow it way down to read some of the text in the forum screenshots.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    Gads!

Can I just tell you that I woke up my roommate laughing at that! I am a web technologist who sometimes designs or instructs online learning courses....

this is going into my syllabus!!!

spectacular!

Adrienne thumb.gif
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2005
    rolleyes1.gif LMAO!

Well I didn't see this before I made (deep breath) MY FIRST POST, but I don't think I screwed too much up yet. Hmmm well maybe I did and you all are laughing behind my back. Oh well, have a good one.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    OzMosaics DivaOzMosaics Diva Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2008
    Very Funny!
    rolleyes1.gif LMAO!

Well I didn't see this before I made (deep breath) MY FIRST POST, but I don't think I screwed too much up yet. Hmmm well maybe I did and you all are laughing behind my back. Oh well, have a good one.

I moderate a mosaic forum and I loved this and shared it. Thanks for the laugh!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    KDunlapKDunlap Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    I'm a newbie, though I've been lurking for awhile, and I thought this was hilarious. :) And helpful! :D
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    Excellent little production. Funny as h**l too. rolleyes1.gif I only wish I could slow it way down to read some of the text in the forum screenshots.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
  • Options
    summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Love thatrolleyes1.gif
    headscratch.gif
    Did you know......
    How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2008
    Forum word searching is not that easy. :)
    summerz wrote:
    Love thatrolleyes1.gif
    headscratch.gif
    Did you know......
    How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Can I just say though about not starting new threads- as a newbie I have not found it all that easy to locate what I'm looking for via a search of the forums. I feel like I'm frequently searching and searching and not able to find something that seems relatively simple. For example I just did a search today for "footer" and loads of threads came up, but none of them seemed related to the word "footer." It's a bit frustrating to have that happen over and over, and makes it really tempting to simply start a new thread. :)

Kristi
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    KDunlap wrote:
    Can I just say though about not starting new threads- as a newbie I have not found it all that easy to locate what I'm looking for via a search of the forums. I feel like I'm frequently searching and searching and not able to find something that seems relatively simple. For example I just did a search today for "footer" and loads of threads came up, but none of them seemed related to the word "footer." It's a bit frustrating to have that happen over and over, and makes it really tempting to simply start a new thread. :)

Kristi
    You tried, that's the important part :) Start a new thread and you'll never be yelled at, promise - I or the mods may move it to another thread (and inform you).

Did you try the custom search, by the way?
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2008
    More efficient forum searching?
    Andy wrote:
    You tried, that's the important part :) Start a new thread and you'll never be yelled at, promise - I or the mods may move it to another thread (and inform you).

Did you try the custom search, by the way?

You know I did try the custom search, and I tried making it list by post instead of by thread. Maybe I'm missing something obvious- I know there are a ton of posts regarding, for example, the footer. But when I search for footer what comes up are long lists of threads or posts about random other topics. So for example, I was looking for a post I'd seen about adding links or removing them from the Smugmug footer. I searched for "Smugmug footer" and I had to dig through the first 5 threads or posts to see if they were the one I was looking for. I tried "footer links" and "add to footer" and about 15 other things.

You must use the search a lot- how do you make it display what you're looking for faster?
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2008
    KDunlap wrote:
    You know I did try the custom search, and I tried making it list by post instead of by thread. Maybe I'm missing something obvious- I know there are a ton of posts regarding, for example, the footer. But when I search for footer what comes up are long lists of threads or posts about random other topics. So for example, I was looking for a post I'd seen about adding links or removing them from the Smugmug footer. I searched for "Smugmug footer" and I had to dig through the first 5 threads or posts to see if they were the one I was looking for. I tried "footer links" and "add to footer" and about 15 other things.

You must use the search a lot- how do you make it display what you're looking for faster?
    Narrow your search by using multiple keywords. This will help out, I promise. :D
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 3, 2008
    KDunlap wrote:
    Sometimes I just use the power of Google. You can use Google to search on dgrin by including site:www.dgrin.com as a search term.

So you could submit a search on google to look on dgrin. For example, on google, search for
    copyright footer site:www.dgrin.com
    --- Denise
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Sometimes I just use the power of Google. You can use Google to search on dgrin by including site:www.dgrin.com as a search term.

So you could submit a search on google to look on dgrin. For example, on google, search for
    copyright footer site:www.dgrin.com
    --- Denise

dgrin now has google search built in. deal.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 3, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    dgrin now has google search built in. deal.gif
    Thanks! Either I missed that announcement or my brain misplaced it (probably the latter)...

--- Denise
  • Options
    vicarious1vicarious1 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Scary thoughts after watching this.
    Hello.
    Just joined. My concern makes me wonder.
    How long I should use "SEARCH"
    before asking a question, that I need to have an answer to
    (now,a.s.a.p. yesterday).
    Will I dare ask it?

I am so new here that I dare not tell the details
    about my shiny new SMUGMUG PRO accounts watermark features
    make me wonder,
    is MY film is missing or MY SD card dead for the past 3hours.rolleyes1.gif

Since there is Light there is Beauty.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    vicarious1 wrote:
    Hello.
    Just joined. My concern makes me wonder.
    How long I should use "SEARCH"
    before asking a question, that I need to have an answer to
    (now,a.s.a.p. yesterday).
    Will I dare ask it?

I am so new here that I dare not tell the details
    about my shiny new SMUGMUG PRO accounts watermark features
    make me wonder,
    is MY film is missing or MY SD card dead for the past 3hours.rolleyes1.gif

Please don't worry about it. Use common sense and you'll be fine. Try to find your answer, and if you can't there are a TON of helpful people around here who would be glad to help you.

Also, if you DO find your answer, but want to explore the options deeper, then you can post your question, what you've found so far and ask a "follow up".

But most of all: we're a helpful bunch of folks. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    BlinkingsBlinkings Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif LMAO!

ha ha great!
    All the best,
    Andrew
  • Options
    pricelessbutnegotiablepricelessbutnegotiable Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2009
    Thank you!!
    Saves me from pulling my boot up from my esophagus! lol Great job!!