Options

Koi

MaxxamillianMaxxamillian Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited August 17, 2009 in People
Some fun with a snapshot taken of a tattoo while attending a wedding reception.

615446508_MfsfY-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Nice image and lighting.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2009
    Thanks! She was a fun find at an otherwise routine reception. Here's the original: :D

616438414_XUpAk-M.jpg
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Beautiful interpretation of a candid snap. I love it.

Caroline
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Great eye and awesome post work! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2009
    Thanks for the comments:D Here is the final version (fixed the lip, highlighted the fish so it stood out more, and mixed it all with a high pass). It was a nice break from some of the regular work that needs doing...

618309779_LZFwg-XL.jpg
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Very nice!clap.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    This is a beautiful shot, Max! Great clean-up. I love the treatment. I think the only change I'd make would be to clone out the wrinkle (straight, diagonal line) in her neck. I really like what you've done here. Beautiful! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    This is a beautiful shot, Max! Great clean-up. I love the treatment. I think the only change I'd make would be to clone out the wrinkle (straight, diagonal line) in her neck. I really like what you've done here. Beautiful! clap.gifthumb.gif

I've thought of this...I've taken so much detail out of the picture that I fear it would be too difficult for folks to see that it is a shot from her back with her head turned. Did I explain that well?? Thoughts?
  • Options
    imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    WOW!! When I grow up, I want to post-process just like you!!!!!! Terrific! Simply stunning!!! If you ever want a student, I'm game!

wings.gifbarb
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    I've thought of this...I've taken so much detail out of the picture that I fear it would be too difficult for folks to see that it is a shot from her back with her head turned. Did I explain that well?? Thoughts?

Yes, you explained yourself very well.

I didn't think the line was necessary to prove that the image is of a girl's shoulder, so I took your picture into photoshop and removed it. I then compared it with your original and, I must say, you're right to keep the line in. I found it to be a distraction until I saw how much it added to the image. Sometimes, one must see for himself before he decides. I now think it should stay.

It's still a fantastic image! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    eL--Great remarks, critical eye, and the patience (and skill) to do some exploring. I truly appreciate that you took the time!

Images--I've approached this a tad backwards. I've been involved with the more traditional arts for most of my life. To drop the paintbrush and pick up the camera has been an interesting experience. The benefit is that a session with photoshop, even the really long ones, feel natural to me. However, now I have to learn how to use this new "brush" and given the images I see here and elsewhere it is going to take a while.
    :):
  • Options
    AldazarAldazar Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    I heartily second the thoughts expressed in this post! "When I grow up..." Like they said, I can only hope to one day be able to do something like that and if you're looking to teach, I'd love to learn! =)

More realistically and less "bubbly-ey", I love the way the image seems to glow, I love the soft edges and the "fade to black", I love the way you blacked out the background leaving only the subject behind, and I love the composition - enough context to show that it's a lady's body and give context as to her stance and a little emotion, but not so much face or lower body that it distracts from the main focus of the picture. Beautiful.

I'm obviously no expert, but from a layman's perspective, I feel like if there were one thing I'd change, it'd be to make the tattoo "pop" a little more, make the colors a bit stronger... Not sure if more saturated is the right word, but it's what comes to mind...
    WOW!! When I grow up, I want to post-process just like you!!!!!! Terrific! Simply stunning!!! If you ever want a student, I'm game!

wings.gifbarb
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    I love this shot, very, very nicethumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain