Options

1ds Mkiii

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited August 16, 2009 in Cameras
Hi All I have a 1DS MKIII what is the difference between this and the 1D MKIII i picked up mine In MAY.
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Eddy wrote:
    Hi All I have a 1DS MKIII what is the difference between this and the 1D MKIII i picked up mine In MAY.

Among other things, a Ds is full frame sensor, while a D is 1.3x (smaller) sensor.

the Ds is also considerably more expensive, which makes me scratch my head that you don't know the difference headscratch.gif. Sorry pls don't take offense.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Moved from the Flea Market to Cameras. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    1D is a sports camera, fast FPS and crop sensor. 1Ds is a portrait/landscape camera due to full frame, high megapixel, slower fps.

That's my understanding at least.
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    1D is a sports camera, fast FPS and crop sensor. 1Ds is a portrait/landscape camera due to full frame, high megapixel, slower fps.

That's my understanding at least.

it's the other way around...the 1Ds is the higher model of the two with FF and much higher FPS. edit...i take that back...the 1D is indeed higher FPS. my mistake!

i'm also curious how the OP purchased a flagship model without knowing the differences? no disrespect intended, but if you're spending $7k on a camera body...

for the OP's reference: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=14999
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    gecko0 wrote:
    it's the other way around...the 1Ds is the higher model of the two with FF and much higher FPS.

i'm also curious how the OP purchased a flagship model without knowing the differences? no disrespect intended, but if you're spending $7k on a camera body...

The 1D is 10fps (10MP), the 1DS (21.1MP) is 5fps.
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    The 1D is 10fps (10MP), the 1DS (21.1MP) is 5fps.

thanks...i was incorrect with the FPS and updated my original post. :D
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    strange......he has not been back to at least thank any one for all the help..................headscratch.gifne_nau.gifhuhheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifhuhheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifhuhheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifhuh
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website