• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Shots People Poses for Mother/Son

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Jun-30-2009, 01:47 PM
KTLew is offline KTLew OP
Big grins
Poses for Mother/Son
A friend of mine asked me to take pics of her and her toddler son. I happily accepted and we will be shooting at a park. I have some ideas but more ideas for poses or examples would be appreciated. Her son is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks!
Old Jun-30-2009, 03:40 PM
wadesworld is offline wadesworld
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTLew
A friend of mine asked me to take pics of her and her toddler son. I happily accepted and we will be shooting at a park. I have some ideas but more ideas for poses or examples would be appreciated. Her son is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks!
In my experience, you'll be lucky if ANY poses work for a 2.5-year-old. Likely you'll have to try to capture some good moments as she plays with him, holds him, etc. He'll be constantly on the move.
Old Jun-30-2009, 03:49 PM
sweet caroline is offline sweet caroline
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld
In my experience, you'll be lucky if ANY poses work for a 2.5-year-old. Likely you'll have to try to capture some good moments as she plays with him, holds him, etc. He'll be constantly on the move.
She could be reading to him- which may get him to sit for a moment. Chasing him. Blowing bubbles for him. You could have her lie down and let him sit on her back, looking at you over her shoulder.

Yes, be prepared to move a lot.

Caroline
Old Jun-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Hackbone is offline Hackbone
Always learning
How about mom and baby barefoot in the grass standing with baby in front. My will have to lean down abit while holding his hands in hers and only shoot the baby but you get mom from the waist or so down. Cute shot with a good baby expression.
Old Jun-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Trevlan is offline Trevlan
The Dark Eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld
That's what I did on this assignment. Just let them be natural and unintrusive.

It could be a little frustrating for you, the parent and the child. lol.

One thing I've noticed is that the child's attention will be drawn to a toy in your off hand. If you have an SB speed light with auto focus asist, turn it off. They look at that instead of the lense and all of the shots will look like they are looking over the camera. If you know how to snap your fingers, do so at lense level. Every child understands that.

Good luck. Can't wait to see your photographs when you are done!
Tell The World!