Options

Smugmug login not working

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited June 24, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Can't log in... enter email and password, press the login button and the login page refreshes and displays again.
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Can't login, just me?
    I can't login to two of my accounts, it just ignores my password and goes back to the top again. Am I the only one?
  • Options
    Li_PhotoLi_Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    I can't login to two of my accounts, it just ignores my password and goes back to the top again. Am I the only one?

I'm having the same problem also. Can't login and my slide show on home pg is also not working.
  • Options
    Li_PhotoLi_Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    Can't log in... enter email and password, press the login button and the login page refreshes and displays again.

Yep, same issue here!
  • Options
    JS4KIKZJS4KIKZ Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    i have the same problem

EDIT: I was using firefox. I just opened IE and I'm logged in already. I been having issues where I have to login each time using Firefox, but IE remembers everything and im already logged in using IE.
  • Options
    photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    The same thing here also. Not only that, but the problem happened immediately after I did a complete wipe of my easy customization settings with the intention of placing all my custom site settings in the advanced customizaton CSS file. Since I cannot restore my settings now until you fix this latest problem, my site is trashed. Nice going smugmug. I just joined about a month ago. I thought this was going to be a good move.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    JS4KIKZ wrote:
    i have the same problem

EDIT: I was using firefox. I just opened IE and I'm logged in already. I been having issues where I have to login each time using Firefox, but IE remembers everything and im already logged in using IE.

I usually stay logged in in FF as well and in fact I was logged in last night when I last uploaded some photos. When I went to upload photos tonight I thought it was strange that I was logged out and then I discovered this issue when trying to log in.

FWIW I tried IE but since I never use it, I wasn't logged in, and the login issue occurs there as well...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 24, 2009
    Sorry folks. Looks like we have a database problem. We're working on it and will update you as soon as we can.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Sorry folks. Looks like we have a database problem. We are looking into it and will update you as soon as we can.

Edit: Should be all better now.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    DZuckerDZucker Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Sheaf wrote:
    Sorry folks. Looks like we have a database problem. We're working on it and will update you as soon as we can.

I also noticed that I can not access any of my private galleries, I get an error saying that the passwords I am entering are incorrect. Is this part of the same problem?
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    DZucker wrote:
    I also noticed that I can not access any of my private galleries, I get an error saying that the passwords I am entering are incorrect. Is this part of the same problem?

Yes.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    ZotzZotz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Sheaf wrote:
    While it lasted, this problem had also broken the homepage slideshow. A login challenge appeared in the center of the slideshow window. Thanks for recovering it.
    Rick -Z-
    Zotz Shots
  • Options
    OscarcOscarc Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Please improve your testing!
    Earlier tonight when I tried to add photos to my cart, both IE and FireFox errored out with JavaScript errors like this one:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 05:34:06 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 7
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.smugmug.com/cart/gallerySingle.mg?imageId=524751953&imageKey=PHdc6

It was fixed a few minutes later, but that's still very sloppy. A bug of this type (missing semicolon in core code) should never have made it to production. Do SmugMug engineers make "simple fixes" directly on the live site without testing? ("There's no way this could break anything, so we don't need to waste time testing it!") Or does the testing procedure not include basic functionality like add-to-cart? I would have thought that a decent-sized, established ecommerce site like SmugMug would have a staging site and would require *all* changes to be regression tested...
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Zotz wrote:
    While it lasted, this problem had also broken the homepage slideshow. A login challenge appeared in the center of the slideshow window. Thanks for recovering it.

Yeah, it was considerably more widespread than that as well. It appears that we are back to normal now.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Oscarc wrote:
    Earlier tonight when I tried to add photos to my cart, both IE and FireFox errored out with JavaScript errors like this one:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 05:34:06 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 7
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.smugmug.com/cart/gallerySingle.mg?imageId=524751953&imageKey=PHdc6

It was fixed a few minutes later, but that's still very sloppy. A bug of this type (missing semicolon in core code) should never have made it to production. Do SmugMug engineers make "simple fixes" directly on the live site without testing? ("There's no way this could break anything, so we don't need to waste time testing it!") Or does the testing procedure not include basic functionality like add-to-cart? I would have thought that a decent-sized, established ecommerce site like SmugMug would have a staging site and would require *all* changes to be regression tested...

As part of the QA team, I take posts like this seriously, so thank you. But I believe that this was due to a temporary database issue that our operations team fixed within the last 30 minutes. Sorry!
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Sheaf wrote:
    Yeah, it was considerably more widespread than that as well. It appears that we are back to normal now.

Thanks Sheaf.
  • Options
    photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Yes thanks very much for the speedy resolution. thumb.gif. Ive since restored my own site to a semblance of normalcy after I was able to log back in. I hope the database issue will not recur. :nono