ImageKind...UN-Boxing

FunguyphotoFunguyphoto Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited June 27, 2009 in SmugMug Support
FedEx showed up this afternoon bearing a package from Imagekind. My framed photo arrived. I decided to do an UN-boxing (my first...be kind).

The box arrived in fine shape. It is a nice heavy duty box.

572331068_ZftR2-L.jpg

Opening the first end revels a nice cardboard packing system that looks like it will protect against most shipping abuse.

572331415_57izd-L.jpg

The inner packing system is cleverly designed. The frame is held in the center with large crush zones in the corners.

572331561_FfEtW-L.jpg

It is very easy to release the frame from the inner packaging.

572331755_Cudwn-L.jpg

The included wall hooks are securely taped into the corner.

572331635_VtcJC-M.jpg

Best of all...the framed print arrived in perfect shape.

572331894_Jrs5P-L.jpg

The wire hanging system is attached to the back of the frame.

572332029_d8g4t-M.jpg

Felt bumpers at the wire attachment points.

572331186_RfR9d-M.jpg

Felt bumpers on the bottom corners.

572332128_GKVhy-S.jpg

A few comments about the Imagekind frame experience.

Pros...
  • The ordering process was easy and the results matched very closely what I expected.
  • The quality of the printing is very good (I choose the Luster paper).
  • The framing is very nicely done...exceeds my expectations.
Cons...
  • I did not get either a shipping confirmation or a tracking number.
  • I found no way to check on my order status.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Woah,thanks for the great pics and the feedback!
  • nathanjelovichnathanjelovich Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    FedEx showed up this afternoon bearing a package from Imagekind. My framed photo arrived. I decided to do an UN-boxing (my first...be kind).

WOW I must say it looks great! Nice work on the "UN-boxing" and a VERY nice job on the piece! I love the image and the mat/frame combination. Really impressed...

Cons...
    • I did not get either a shipping confirmation or a tracking number.
    • I found no way to check on my order status.

Though I am really glad to hear all the pros and that the entire process was easy to use and the product met your expectations, I am a bit unnerved on the tracking and status issues...

You should have definitely received a shipping confirmation from Fedex and I wonder if it did not happen to get directed to your SPAM folder. I know this has happened in the past. Regardless, I will check with our customer service team and see if it did indeed go out.

For future, if you do not receive any tracking info, please feel free to email or give us a call. care@imagekind.com or 1.800.351.8986

Nate
    Imagekind Team
    nathan@imagekind.com
  • FunguyphotoFunguyphoto Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Confirmation and tracking information
    I definitely did not receive tracking information. I keep a close eye on both spam and junk e-mail. My order experience went like this;
    • I received e-mail order and payment confirmation right away.
    575211177_UvQCc-M.jpg
    • The order confirmation included a link to check the status...
    575211200_NS9aq-L.jpg
    • The "Check my order status" link takes me to...first my SmugMug login...and then what I am calling my Imagekind "first page" that contains no order status.
    • The "trouble viewing this e-mail" link takes me to the order status page which remained static throughout the order experience.
    575211229_75foD-M.jpg

575211262_h2BdB-M.jpg

I need to be really clear here...I am completely satisfied with my framed print (a gift to the director of my daughter's dance studio). The order arrived one day "early", and the quality of the product and shipping container exceeded my expectations.

I have just come to expect a shipping confirmation and package tracking information...and I did not get one.