Options

Got a Laptop Bracket!

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited June 14, 2009 in Accessories
Just got this laptop bracket/deck from the good guys of Tallyn's.

It has all the things you need: ventilated sturdy base (additional fan can be ordered separately)

561274489_6if3S-L.jpg

Built-in ball head that can be easily attached to your tripod legs:

561274505_BVciq-XL.jpg

So it becomes one nice stand:

561274517_jxgUL-XL.jpg

Here it is with my Dell M6400 17" widescreen:

561274555_DiTmt-XL.jpg

Everything except the base itself itself and the knobs is made out of metal.
Base, while being molded from plastic, has enough rigidness and sturdiness to not worry about it.
Definitely looking forward to use it during my workshop this weekend! :ivar
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    What a cool idea. I never realized there was something such as these. I end up just setting my laptop on a chair.
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2009
    What a cool idea. I never realized there was something such as these. I end up just setting my laptop on a chair.
    It was sitting on my table, too. It was OK, but now I can put anywhere I want. I don't use a tripod during the studio shoots anyway. And guess what: the actuall ballhead (the one that was mounted on the tripod) will go to the camera shooting stand (also from tallyns) that should arrive early next week. Thus far both tripod and ball head saw very little action (I only shoot landscapes while on shootouts it looks like, and even then tripod is not my favorite tool as everybody kindly noticed:-). Now finally I will be able to put them both to a good use for what I do most! :ivar
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    Cool ! i never knew such accessory exists
    Your tripod is so Sexy really love that with Nat Geo logo mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2009
    Cool ! i never knew such accessory exists
    Your tripod is so Sexy really love that with Nat Geo logo mwink.gif
    Thank you my firend! thumb.gif
    Neither did I until recently. However I understand that tethered shooting and camera stands are all the latest rage in studio shooting. I already got hooked on tethered shooting, now it's time to get fancy:-)
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    thats pretty neat. I saw a video a while back about using a heavy duty music stand for this type of thing. They used velco on the laptop and I suppose you could also use a bungee across as well. He would also take along a black sheet when he took it outside to use as a sun shade for viewing the photos....

http://www.hickeys.com/img2/sku52843.jpg
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2009
    unclejon wrote:
    thats pretty neat. I saw a video a while back about using a heavy duty music stand for this type of thing. They used velco on the laptop and I suppose you could also use a bungee across as well. He would also take along a black sheet when he took it outside to use as a sun shade for viewing the photos....

http://www.hickeys.com/img2/sku52843.jpg

So I was just a little wrong about the music stand.....Laughing.gif....Here is the video i thought I saw it in....It Just a little bit more sturdy.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjOChmOVBm4&feature=channel_page
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Ooooh, I must get one of these!! Thanks for the info!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2009
    When I got it I was mostly thinking of using it in the studio. And it worked great! I was able to move it where I needed when I needed so it was easy to shoot tethered and show others the result.

And to my surprise it turned out to be even a greater help for the PS-filled day two. First it lifted laptop to a perfect height so I could either stand or sit and use my laptop comfortably. Second, our table was a bit crowded (esp. with 27" and 23" monitors on it), so it saved a valauble deck space for others. And last but not least, it totally get the lappy away from the risk of spilling 151 degree Rum on it. A brand new one-day old Mac Pro wasn't as lucky mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Fred MaurerFred Maurer Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Here's another option I came across recently:
    http://www.laptoptripods.com/index.php
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    When I got it I was mostly thinking of using it in the studio. And it worked great! I was able to move it where I needed when I needed so it was easy to shoot tethered and show others the result.

And to my surprise it turned out to be even a greater help for the PS-filled day two. First it lifted laptop to a perfect height so I could either stand or sit and use my laptop comfortably. Second, our table was a bit crowded (esp. with 27" and 23" monitors on it), so it saved a valauble deck space for others. And last but not least, it totally get the lappy away from the risk of spilling 151 degree Rum on it. A brand new one-day old Mac Pro wasn't as lucky mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Hey, my Macbook Pro smells GOOD! :D:ivar
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    Hey, my Macbook Pro smells GOOD! :D:ivar
    I am sure it does mwink.gif