Options

Blog Suggestions...

AlatristeAlatriste Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 6, 2009 in The Big Picture
Now that I have subscribed to SmugMug, any suggestions where I can blog? I kinda don't like Blogger.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited June 5, 2009
    Alatriste wrote:
    Now that I have subscribed to SmugMug, any suggestions where I can blog? I kinda don't like Blogger.
    Just curious - what don't you like about Blogger?

The other site that people seem to use is Wordpress, but it's my understanding that it doesn't have the customization capabilities that blogger does at the free subscription level.

If you decide to use blogger and want to match your blog to your smugmug site, see http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101262.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2009
    Just curious - what don't you like about Blogger?...

Denise,

Thanks for the reply. I found Blogger to be a bit unfriendly with setting fonts, font sizes, and font colors. Seemed to be a lot of code manipulation that I did not like hassling with. However, I just learned today about something called Windows Live Writer and am now wondering if that will help with Blogger.

Mike
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited June 5, 2009
    I'm going to scootch this over to Big Picture.

Not really a dgrin support issue.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2009
    Renege on the Live Writer. I didn't like the linking with hotmail and other MS stuff on the web.
  • Options
    cpagilitycpagility Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Live Journal
    I like LiveJournal and know and read several bloggers there.

Karen

Alatriste wrote:

Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Options
    msfmsf Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2009
    Alatriste wrote:
    Denise,

Thanks for the reply. I found Blogger to be a bit unfriendly with setting fonts, font sizes, and font colors. Seemed to be a lot of code manipulation that I did not like hassling with. However, I just learned today about something called Windows Live Writer and am now wondering if that will help with Blogger.

Mike

I like the way blogger is setup, but there doesnt seem to be a sense of community. With other blogs ive used over the years, it was pretty easy to search for other blogs for people with similar interests, location, etc. I dont see a way to do that with blogger, but there could be?

Ive had a photography blogger account for a while, and so far I only have 2 followers. My wife, and someone that found me by chance. I try to blog at least once a week to keep people updated. According to the tracking thing, a few people do find the site.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get followers? Especially in your own location?