• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug APIs, Hacks & Tricks Wordpress/Smugmug PlugIn: SmugPress

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Page 1  of  4
1 2 3 4
Old Jun-09-2005, 03:09 PM
#1
alan.graham is offline alan.graham OP
Beginner grinner
Lickout Wordpress/Smugmug PlugIn: SmugPress
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a WordPress plug-in that integrates WordPress and Smugmug. I'm developing one, which I am calling SmugPress (best get the name before anyone else!!!).

You can see the front-end of the site at http://alangraham.co.uk/

1 page of the back-end is shown in the screengrab below.

There are quite a few bugs I need to iron out, however it is all more-or-less working. If you know a bit of PHP, and use WordPress, then I'm eager to distribute versions of this (just needs a little bit of tidying up!).

Currently you have to upload using SmugMug, however once I work out how to do that via the WordPress admin interface, it'll mean you can fully host and manage photo blogs within WordPress, while the photo-blog images are hosted on SmugMug.



Anyway, let me know if you are interested....


Alan
_________________________
http://agraham.smugmug.com
http://alangraham.co.uk
Old Jun-09-2005, 11:41 PM
#2
rainforest1155 is offline rainforest1155
with a Heroes touch
rainforest1155's Avatar
Alan,

looks very nice. I would like to try it out, but I don't have much time and probably won't use it very much.
Nevertheless I could put some content on my homepage, because I still haven't managed to build some kind of homepage.

Sebastian
__________________
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

look on the bright side
http://www.SebastianHosche.com
Old Sep-28-2005, 02:15 PM
#3
mdm is offline mdm
Beginner grinner
You know it!
Please do share! I'd like to use it as the basis for creating some alternative gallery layouts.

Thanks!
Michael
--
michael [at] themcdaniels [dot] net

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.graham
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a WordPress plug-in that integrates WordPress and Smugmug. I'm developing one, which I am calling SmugPress (best get the name before anyone else!!!).

You can see the front-end of the site at http://alangraham.co.uk/

1 page of the back-end is shown in the screengrab below.

There are quite a few bugs I need to iron out, however it is all more-or-less working. If you know a bit of PHP, and use WordPress, then I'm eager to distribute versions of this (just needs a little bit of tidying up!).

Currently you have to upload using SmugMug, however once I work out how to do that via the WordPress admin interface, it'll mean you can fully host and manage photo blogs within WordPress, while the photo-blog images are hosted on SmugMug.



Anyway, let me know if you are interested....


Alan
_________________________
http://agraham.smugmug.com
http://alangraham.co.uk
Old Sep-28-2005, 02:23 PM
#4
Andy is offline Andy
4/3s of a photographer
Andy's Avatar
i'm *in* would love it, please let me know how it's done.
Old Sep-28-2005, 02:27 PM
#5
Mike Lane is offline Mike Lane
I � Unicode
Mike Lane's Avatar
Andy the photographer / blogger???

What don't you do man? I mean seriously!
__________________
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
Old Sep-28-2005, 02:35 PM
#6
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
DavidTO's Avatar
Can someone explain this to me?
__________________
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
Old Sep-28-2005, 11:53 PM
#7
Mike Lane is offline Mike Lane
I � Unicode
Mike Lane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTO
Can someone explain this to me?
It's a way to get yourself a photo blog that isn't tied to the look of your smugmug account. You could get something like chromasia or chromogenic or any of the other fancy photo bloggers out there....
__________________
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
Old Sep-29-2005, 05:52 AM
#8
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
DavidTO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lane
It's a way to get yourself a photo blog that isn't tied to the look of your smugmug account. You could get something like chromasia or chromogenic or any of the other fancy photo bloggers out there....

It's something you need to host elsewhere and link the photos to smugmug?
__________________
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
Old Sep-29-2005, 06:42 AM
#9
Mike Lane is offline Mike Lane
I � Unicode
Mike Lane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTO
It's something you need to host elsewhere and link the photos to smugmug?
Yeah, something like that. I'm not exactly sure what the need to integrate with the smugmug API is. Why can't you simply link to images from a photoblog?

__________________
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
Old Sep-29-2005, 07:34 AM
#10
DJ-S1 is offline DJ-S1
Life is good!
DJ-S1's Avatar
Sounds like a cool thing, but isn't using "smug" in the name a no-no? Better ask before you get too attached to the name...
Old Sep-29-2005, 07:35 AM
#11
Mike Lane is offline Mike Lane
I � Unicode
Mike Lane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-S1
Sounds like a cool thing, but isn't using "smug" in the name a no-no? Better ask before you get too attached to the name...
Yup, forgot to mention that. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9093
__________________
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
Old Sep-29-2005, 08:13 AM
#12
luke_church is offline luke_church
#Grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lane
Yup, forgot to mention that. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9093
Mike, I don't think this thread means that you can't use 'smug' in the name. Don even suggested that Nik call S*E 'Smug Explorer'

So I don't think that SmugPress would be a problem, whereas 'SmugmugPress' would not be OK.

This is my read of it anyhow (hoping, I have a number of Smug* things in the works.... :-S

But of course, it's up to Don and Blady...

Cheers,

Luke
__________________
Photography: www.lukechurchphotography.com
SmugSoftware: www.smugtools.com
Old Sep-29-2005, 12:07 PM
#13
Mike Lane is offline Mike Lane
I � Unicode
Mike Lane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_church
Mike, I don't think this thread means that you can't use 'smug' in the name. Don even suggested that Nik call S*E 'Smug Explorer'

So I don't think that SmugPress would be a problem, whereas 'SmugmugPress' would not be OK.

This is my read of it anyhow (hoping, I have a number of Smug* things in the works.... :-S

But of course, it's up to Don and Blady...

Cheers,

Luke
You may be right about that. I'd probably talk to Baldy or Onethumb about that just to be sure.
__________________
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
Old Feb-23-2006, 11:26 AM
#14
dominik is offline dominik
Big grins
dominik's Avatar
did anything ever come of smugpress?
Old Feb-23-2006, 11:48 AM
#15
eworley
Guest
I am interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.graham
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a WordPress plug-in that integrates WordPress and Smugmug. I'm developing one, which I am calling SmugPress (best get the name before anyone else!!!).

You can see the front-end of the site at http://alangraham.co.uk/
I just saw this post and I recognize it is old. Is there anything going on now? If so I am interested in finding about it and learning about Wordpress and Smugmug working together, if that is possible.

Thanks for any information that you might give me.
Old Mar-02-2006, 09:23 AM
#16
pjb923 is offline pjb923
Big grins
pjb923's Avatar
I am also very interested in this. I just started using wordpress and would love to be able to integrate my smugmug gallery into it.

Does anyone have any more information about this plugin?
Old Apr-06-2006, 10:48 PM
#17
tsk1979 is offline tsk1979
Major grins
tsk1979's Avatar
Where do I download this?
Really want to try this out
Old Apr-07-2006, 10:48 AM
#18
Scott Buel is offline Scott Buel
never trust a hal 9000
Scott Buel's Avatar
Anything cookin' with this?

I know this is an old post, but I'm very interested, as well...
__________________
Check out my galleries : scenes from the past

Scan Cafe: let the pros do it
Old Apr-10-2006, 08:36 AM
#19
tsk1979 is offline tsk1979
Major grins
tsk1979's Avatar
Update from Alan!
I started mailing him, and it seems he was not aware everybody was so interested, so I bugged him and he will start working again. It will be released in about 2 weeks as a wordpress plugin under GPL. So we can have it under hacks maybe?
Old Apr-10-2006, 04:25 PM
#20
eworley
Guest
Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I started mailing him, and it seems he was not aware everybody was so interested, so I bugged him and he will start working again. It will be released in about 2 weeks as a wordpress plugin under GPL. So we can have it under hacks maybe?
Good news! Thanks for the effort. I thought that this had fallen in a hole somewhere.
Page 1  of  4
1 2 3 4
Tell The World!  

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump