Options

Mega #4 - Energy

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited May 10, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, so here are some concept shots for ENERGY, they need some work (possible reshoot) but I wanted to see what folks thought about the concept, and maybe you all have some suggestion to make it work better.

Energy Drink (with a Coke)
531308952_r98ke-XL.jpg

Energy Drink 2 (with a Mountain Dew)
531308987_BGLRE-XL.jpg

I shot these late last night, and will be out of town for the weekend. Both are multiple exposures, and I let Photoshop stack them automatically over night to save a little time. I think the Coke one would work best if I took the time to mask it and stack it by hand and the Mountain Dew would need a reshoot, but what does everyone else think? Is the concept working?

Thanks! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    I like the concept very much. I also prefer the coke shot, reading the label in Mt. Dew distracts me from the coolness of the image.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Cool
    Hi Cris..

I like the concept. I agree with the mountain dew statement.

Also, one small suggestion.. work with your contrasting colors, for instance if your going to take the effort to shoot 2 different colors of light under different exposures, then consider the colors your using and make them contrast each other for more visual impact.. Like on #1.. you have red and white, use a color that contrast with red, because the bottle is already glowing red.. thumb.gif

just my 2 cents.... good luck to you..

Kat
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Man... you guys are really making it difficult. So I had three ideas for this challenge and now this is the second that someone else is doing.

Darn you guys.

BTW, I like the first one better.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    I hear Ya
    Yes.. I hear ya Alex...lol I spent all night last night shooting something similar with a red bull energy drink... not the same, but same principle.. Then I was all prepared to go to the Tullahoma County Fair that is in town, and shoot the rides and well that one is being done too....eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

I think I finally nailed something that no body else will think of though.. but it is going to take a ton of photographs and tricks to pull it off, and I am not sure if I can... we are going to have to think out of the box to all stay original on this one.. and it seems like time is literally flying by...

Good Luck..thumb.gif

Kat
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    Thanks for the responses everyone!! thumb.gif

Kat, thanks for the idea of the contrasting colors... those swirls of white light are in a seperate exposure, so I can probably just play with the white balance to get something more complimentary (or "contrastary" rolleyes1.gif )

Cuban... sorry 'bout that... I was hoping I would be the only one to take it this way, 'cause aside from this, I've got no other ideas... headscratch.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Thanks for the responses everyone!! thumb.gif

Kat, thanks for the idea of the contrasting colors... those swirls of white light are in a seperate exposure, so I can probably just play with the white balance to get something more complimentary (or "contrastary" rolleyes1.gif )

Cuban... sorry 'bout that... I was hoping I would be the only one to take it this way, 'cause aside from this, I've got no other ideas... headscratch.gif

No need to be sorry. You beat me to it. I just have to make mine better than yours if I go this route. mwink.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    sounds good
    well that sounds like it wont be too bad then if you use the white light layer to accomplish it.. Just wanted to clarify that I still think the white lights should be there too, they pack a punch.

best of luck on it and look forward to seeing what you come up with..thumb.gifivar

I hope to get something up too for critique much earlier than last time..

Kat
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    No need to be sorry. You beat me to it. I just have to make mine better than yours if I go this route. mwink.gif

rolleyes1.gif

Well, in that case... It's on now!! :duel
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    well that sounds like it wont be too bad then if you use the white light layer to accomplish it.. Just wanted to clarify that I still think the white lights should be there too, they pack a punch.

best of luck on it and look forward to seeing what you come up with..thumb.gifivar

I hope to get something up too for critique much earlier than last time..

Kat

Thanks Kat!
    Looking forward to seeing your idea! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Man... you guys are really making it difficult. So I had three ideas for this challenge and now this is the second that someone else is doing.

Darn you guys.

BTW, I like the first one better.

At least you're having ideas! I'm drawing a total blank.... eek7.gifuhoh:bash :hide

I like the concept a lot - not sure which I prefer, but either idea works well for me! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    At least you're having ideas! I'm drawing a total blank.... eek7.gifuhoh:bash :hide

I like the concept a lot - not sure which I prefer, but either idea works well for me! thumb.gif

Thanks, Diva!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos