Options

UK sales and printing solution (possibly)

Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited April 27, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Being UK based and probably having gone through the same thought process as many other non USA users regarding sales, I wanted to share my solution with you.

Firstly I wrestled with the idea of $ signs appearing in front of potential punters and after having a few people vet my site I realised it was a problem. All the feedback was the same......"I saw the $ signs and was put off"

I looked into Paypal, and was on the verge of going down that route, but didn't fancy having to process and print my own orders. Also, what happens when I'm away? Lost sales?

So then I stumbled across www.Photobox.co.uk who seem to provide a very similar service to Smugmug, but are UK based. They don't have anywhere near the site customisation of Smugmug, so I still see a need for both sites.

I've set up an account with them and created a "shop". This "shop" has identical galleries to my SM galleries, and a direct link from each gallery. Plus I've added a shop tab to my navbar. They don't do downloads yet, but it's on their list. But print services are next day and pretty competitive.

It also has the added benefit of creating a "mirror" UK site and increasing my presence on the web (hopefully!).

Take a look

Cheers
Chris