Options

Arrange by number - big flaw!

Nata HarliNata Harli Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited April 21, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Judging by the responses in this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=112170 there is a major problem with arranging/sorting pictures that is not being addressed by the support staff here. So, I'm starting another thread in hopes that someone will try and find a solution to this ongoing problem.

What I would like to do is use the "Arrange by number" option to sort my photos in a gallery. After numerous testing I cannot get this to work. Unfortunately I discovered this problem the first time by numbering several hundred photos only to find that they were back in their original positions after "saving" them and had reverted back to their original numbering scheme of 10, 20, 30, etc.

I went back and tested and retested on smaller batches with the same result. And, yes, I have Auto sort set to "None" and Sort direction set to "Ascending" as recommended in the aforementioned thread.

Is anyone out there listening and trying to get this problem solved? It appears that this problem exists not only when trying to sort by number but when trying to sort by other methods also.

We need some help!

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 19, 2009
    Ken,

Thanks for bringing this back up for discussion. I am going to bring it back to the attention of the programmers. Hopefully we can get it moved up the list to get fixed.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Nata HarliNata Harli Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    Ken,

Thanks for bringing this back up for discussion. I am going to bring it back to the attention of the programmers. Hopefully we can get it moved up the list to get fixed.

--Doc
    Thanks, Doc. Much appreciated.