Options

I need a LOGO!

ItalianKutieItalianKutie Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited April 27, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Hey dgrinners.. I had no idea where to put this thread but I am not creative with making a logo. I have attached what I have so far.. if anyone could help me tweak it to make it look better I would appreciate it. I def want to keep the Plumeria flower and the pink theme. Anything else, use your imagination! Thanks
www.photosbyhollyk.com
Holly Kimble, accountant, photographer, athlete:ivar

Comments

• Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    If you like the basis of you banner, I would suggest chopping out the background from around the flower and putting it on a transparent background. The background of the flower, especially the sharp square edges is a put off to me.
  • Options
    ImagesByDeMeglioImagesByDeMeglio Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Hey dgrinners.. I had no idea where to put this thread but I am not creative with making a logo. I have attached what I have so far.. if anyone could help me tweak it to make it look better I would appreciate it. I def want to keep the Plumeria flower and the pink theme. Anything else, use your imagination! Thanks
    Start with how do you want to be perceived? Do you plan on specializing in macro or flower photography?

For me, I wanted to keep my logo simple and somehow related to photography. I also wanted something that would stand out against a background and that I could easily make into a vinyl graphic.

496581394_TzpZR-S.jpg
    Here is my logo on my truck. I was shooting an Autocross (car race) and wanted everyone to get to know the logo so they would associate it with me when I was selling photos of them racing.

I also have the logo on T-shirts and well, just about everything. Yeah for branding!

The other thing to do is brainstorm with friends and families until you have something you like. If you aren't the best at computer graphics (I'm not!) then you could take sketches to a graphics artist or friend that can and have them create the final logo for you.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Anthony
    Anthony J. DeMeglio
    IMAGES BY DeMEGLIO
    www.ibdphotos.com
    Twitter | MySpace
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Anthony,

Nice truck. Were did you get the graphics done for the truck?

I like your logo Becky too. Just a suggestion though, how about a bit bigger of a drop shadow on the letters. Check out my smug mug pages or my website. My mother made this one for me in Paint Shop Pro. Funny, I'm the pro photographer, and computer geek, but she's teaching me how to use Paint Shop Pro. Go figure.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    You might also consider a logo design company like logo mojo.

For what you get, the price is very reasonable. I'm happy with the logo they came up with for me, anyway! :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    You might also consider a logo design company like logo mojo.

For what you get, the price is very reasonable. I'm happy with the logo they came up with for me, anyway! :D

Agreed. The OP needs to toss the flower .gif and the line of text, and get a designer to work with them, if they are really interested in branding themselves.
  • Options
    ImagesByDeMeglioImagesByDeMeglio Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    fredjclaus wrote:
    Anthony,

Nice truck. Were did you get the graphics done for the truck?

I like your logo Becky too. Just a suggestion though, how about a bit bigger of a drop shadow on the letters. Check out my smug mug pages or my website. My mother made this one for me in Paint Shop Pro. Funny, I'm the pro photographer, and computer geek, but she's teaching me how to use Paint Shop Pro. Go figure.
    Hello Fred,

Thank you. I never thought I would put any type of graphics on it (the truck) but it's my only transportation right now.

Believe it or not, the graphic is me holding up my old Pentax K1000 with the zoom lens I had. I Photographed myself against a white wall and brought the image into Adobe Illustrator. I did a trace command and then spent some time cleaning up edges and getting rid of any lines that would complicate a vinyl cut out. I had never done it before and one of the guys at work who does his own vinyl graphics for R/C Cars gave me some pointers so that the plan would work.

The graphic on the truck was printed and applied by a friend of mine that was working for a sign company at the time (they had to let him go at the end of the last day of the autocross I photographed and he is in the process of starting his own vinyl company now).

Take care,

Anthony
    Anthony J. DeMeglio
    IMAGES BY DeMEGLIO
    www.ibdphotos.com
    Twitter | MySpace
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Thanks Anthony, I'm looking for someone to do something similar to that on my truck. I have a 2001 Chevy Venture and I'm not sure if I want it on the door, or the side windows though. Did your friend ever start that company yet?
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout