Options

Messing around with "Vintage" processing

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited April 16, 2009 in Finishing School
So I was trying to get that vintage look that I have seen done in processing. Couldn't quite get it right on my own so I Googled a bit. I guess this is called "Cross-Processing" if I am not mistaking two different methods.

Well I found a few helpful tips here and there but then I found a couple of Photoshop Actions that do most of the work for you. This is what I ended up with just messing with these three pics.

What do you guys think? I personally really like the look but wanted some other opinions. Do I need to punch it up a bit or is this just right, maybe not enough???

I think this could be really fun with the right pictures.

This one is of my wife... I know it looks like the highlights in her face are a little blown out but I kind of like it.

513641642_36WuT-XL.jpg

A couple of Hollywood Blvd.

513643108_mwA6j-XL.jpg

513641194_nXLGY-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    fede07fede07 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2009
    hi, nice work!

can i ask you wich type of PP you have used for these shots??
    for long time i search this effects.

TY.
  • Options
    tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    I like the blown out look alot!

Please share the actions you got for photoshop. Would love to know what is taking place to make these. They look great!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    This couldn't be easier guys. I used a Photoshop Action found here.

There are a ton of other cool actions listed. This one is #51 in the Image Enhancement section. It's called Professional Retro. Direct link to download can be found here.

It's very simple to use. Just run the action and then adjust the opacity of the layer to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Alex

My Smug Site
  • Options
    tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Mr. I don't know who you are cuban... ( I like your name, mine stinks!)

Thanks for the links! I'm going to check it out!
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    I glad I could help. This forum has helped me out so many times in the past, I'm glad I can finally help someone out in return. thumb.gif

My Smug Site