Options

Treva - Sr

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 2, 2009 in People
Good grief!!! The weather still hasn't really let up....well except for last Sunday. Yesterday, for these, it was severely overcast. Today, while I am trying to get batteries charged and cards formatted a hail storm....and rain blows through. We are shooting regardless!:D

This was my very first senior who brought her prom dress along for the shoot. THAT was fun and made for some nice photographs as well.

1-
504064922_s4n9X-L-1.jpg

2-
504057800_ddexj-L-2.jpg

3-
504054022_aAoGw-L-1.jpg

4-
504064352_5H5HP-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    The processing of the first one is to die for bowdown.gif

Beautiful!!! Hail-storm??? You must be just teasing us, you don't even have a wet ground in these shots eek7.gif

I'm still waiting for the weather to pick up too. Since all my engagement pics get rescheduled due to missing greenery I'm worried I'll be shooting 24/7 in may. rolleyes1.gif

Beautiful set! But please .... share more!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    The processing of the first one is to die for bowdown.gif

Beautiful!!! Hail-storm??? You must be just teasing us, you don't even have a wet ground in these shots eek7.gif

I'm still waiting for the weather to pick up too. Since all my engagement pics get rescheduled due to missing greenery I'm worried I'll be shooting 24/7 in may. rolleyes1.gif

Beautiful set! But please .... share more!!! clap.gif

I just added another....#4....I am still going through this set...shot yesterday. The hail storm was about 30 minutes ago...I have a shoot a few hours from now.

THANKS for the comment about the processing on #1......I liked the effect, but you never know what others will like....oh BTW....I replaced #1 with my final edit....I had to clone out a bare spot and some sort of utility cover on the ground behind her.....and to the right. I had at first uploaded the wrong one.....eek7.gif

Okay....Thanks Agnies....now....I gotta get back to work!:D
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    All of these are amazing Jeff! I love the poses, angles, backdrops, comps...you name it. thumb.gif I even see that for the senior shots, you modified your watermark for a little grunge. That shot with the wall of ivy.... wow.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    All of these are amazing Jeff! I love the poses, angles, backdrops, comps...you name it. thumb.gif I even see that for the senior shots, you modified your watermark for a little grunge. That shot with the wall of ivy.... wow.

Thanks travis....I appreciate the remarks.

That wall of ivy is nice. It faces the setting sun so I normally would have had a tough time shooting against it, but with all the cloud cover yesterday we were able to use it. I have a whole series against the wall of her basically acting foolishly. It was fun.

504055323_JDLGu-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Both Ivy Wall images are fanFREAKINtastic! thumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Ivy.
    Wall.
    Shots.

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

Umm... yeah. I like them. :D Especially with that red dress! Wow. Beautiful girl and GORGEOUS shots.
  • Options
    kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Love the processing in #1. Did you use a gel on your flash and then warm it up in pp? Please share!!
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Wonderful set.

I'm interested in #2 and #4. What lens did you use for these and how were they lit??
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    Wonderful set.

I'm interested in #2 and #4. What lens did you use for these and how were they lit??

#2 was shot at 153mm and #4 at 75mm. I used the 70-200 for both at F3.2. These used only natural light. She was facing the setting sun which was behind cloud cover. 5:30PM....which is still about an hour and a half before sundown for us.

Mitchell, I know you are trying to figure out what types of shots to do for your daughter.....in these....can you see how she is holding the bottom hem of the skirt? It really helps to make them less stiff and formal.

Oh....and wait til you see what I shot today!!! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    kdspencer wrote:
    Love the processing in #1. Did you use a gel on your flash and then warm it up in pp? Please share!!

I wasn't exactly in the shade, but rather under an overcast sky, so no gel. Just a little shoe mounted flash. The processing is a split tone done in lightroom. I think I started with a preset called "Stellar Green and Gold"
    , but I tweaked it some.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Ivy.
    Wall.
    Shots.

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

Umm... yeah. I like them. :D Especially with that red dress! Wow. Beautiful girl and GORGEOUS shots.

Hey DM....thanks.....

What did you think about that shot with the wall of Ivy?ne_nau.gif

Seriously.....I appreciate it. I was down there again today, but the skies had cleared up and we had unfiltered bald sunlight on that wall with no chance for a shot like that....but I found a few other treats!:D